Land Speeders or Attack Bikes

NExOBLIVISCARIS

What unit do you think is better for Blood Angels and why? (can be any varient of either) I'm leaning torwards three land speeders because.

A. they can have magnatized wepons so they can fill many rolls depending on the situation

B. they can get the speed cover save

C.6 multi melta shots says alot to a person with a strange addiction to melta, lightning claws, and TDA :D

Attack bikes do comparable damage to vehicles (recall that all shots from a single squad are against the same target) for considerably fewer points. If you're going with the Land Speeders, I would recommend getting the missile launchers so that they can fill any role needed--I mean, you'll have to do something about the guys standing outside of the little metal box that you just popped open, yes? :D

In spite of all that, though, it looks like what is best for you has alread been decided. Go for it, friend, and make Sanguinius proud! :D

Land Speeders work better for me if they're by themselves. One 90 point model (heavy bolter and ML) is relatively low on an opponent's priority list, yet it can win it's points back with ease. On the other hand, 3 Land Speeders in a squadron would be too great of a target to pass up. You can wreck the crap out of them with bolters (since Immobilized = Wrecked, Glancing hits are much more dangerous), so if I were going the multiple models per unit approach, I would say that the Bikes win the day.

Depends on your list. If you're heavy on the rhinos or razorbacks a LS base height would be of value if you choose to shadow the transports. Alternatively the bikes can hide comfortable behind said transports. In addition you get more weapons on the speeder. The bikes are still a great and versatile fire support platform with a low profile which is nice. 6MM on 3 speeders also says "SHOOT ME FIRST PLEASE!" not to mention the point cost. 70 points IIRC for a paper plane with two MM is not a great investment.

I use both units in the same list but they have different roles. The MMAB hunt tanks/MC while the speeders with 3HB and a TML hunt infantry squads and light armor.

Almost always bikes for me. Better saves, easier to hide and cheaper.

When I was using speeders they would die so fast. I couldn't hide 'em behind terrain as everyone I played with would

cry and moan about it. For goodness sake! The undersides have anti-grav plates and the back is full of thrusters and

you say they can't change their elevation?

Sorry, I'm still sore about it. :( :devil:

Other than that speeders are way cooler looking!

I used to find that Speeders were marginally better with the Dual Role capacity. MM and HF. Now I find for cheap MM platforms it is hard to go past Attack Bikes, especially considering that they can get FNP and that makes them much more survivable from small arms fire. They can also turbo boost and attack foes at the other end of the board and Furious Charge can make them rather potent against lightly armed opponents.

As others said Bikes are also easy to hide. Indeed the only time I think about getting my speeders out now is is with Apocalypse games or the odd Typhoon Speeder with HB; but at 90 points it is rather pricey.

Archived