Rule Question For Blood Angels

Lord of Death

guy / girls.

if i fire the assault cannon on a landraider at a tank, POMS allows me to fire one more weapon than normally permitted at another target, so can I fire the assault cannon at another target ?I Have checked the codex with some friends doesn`t say you can`t.

That doesn't follow normal rules for shooting. I saw where you were coming from. It also makes use of the sentence; this weapon can be fired at a different target to any other weapons.

For you to be able to fire a weapon twice, the rule would need to specifically state it as it's not in-line with the 'normal rules for shooting' statement within the rule.

*click me*Official rules thread. Ask it in here if you want more people's opinions on the matter.*click me*

It says to follow normal rules for shooting which means one shot per weapon. that's the part you can't get around and even if you did somehow, the syntax of the sentence I quoted (this weapon can be fired at a different target to any other weapons.) still says it must be a different weapon.

i know it prob shouldt be used like that but is indeed a legal loop hole.

There is no such thing as a "legal loop hole". Nothing personal, but I hate people that try to argue stupid stuff like this and I pity the people that have to play you.

RAW: "Therefore, a vehicle that has moved at combat speed can fire two weapons..." page 37 Blood Angels Codex

Nice try though.

This is illogical. The vehicle may fire one more weapon than normally permitted. One more means one entirely separate weapon on the tank complete with its own profile and abilities if any. Splitting a single weapon's fire is not permitted anywhere in any rulebook or codex. The only exception I am aware of is firing weapons in Killteams. In Killteams a model is permitted to fire at multiple targets. For example, a space marine with heavy bolter may engage one target per shot in the weapon's profile. Three shots => three targets. Firing a weapon twice is also not allowed unless explicitly specificed. Such entries include the C:CSM dreadnought Fire Frenzy rule.

Each sponson or cupola mount is a weapon. These weapons have an attack profile on them describing the number of shots and at what range. If you choose to fire a weapon you fire the number of shots listed or not at all.

Archived