1500 loganwing vs RebG's jump heavy blood angels

nurglez

Right, just a quick battle report :P

played vs RebG yesterday, at our local gw store, he hadn't played in quite awhile, and I had only played a few games with my logan wing count as.

I had

logan

rune priest terminator armour (living lighting/murderous hurricane)

5 terminators heavy flamer, 2 combi melta, combi plasma, 2 wolf claws, powerfist, chainfist, motw, storm shield and riding a drop pod

5 terminators assault cannon, storm shield, powerfist, 2 combi melta, wolf claw

5 terminators cyclone, storm shield, powerfist, combi melta, wolf claw

5 terminators cyclone, storm shield, powerfist, combi melta wolf claw and riding a drop pod

lone wolf terminator armour, thunder hammer, storm shield, melta bombs.

he had a reclusiarch leading a 5man death company, and death company dread in a storm raven, 2 squads of 10 assault marines, and 2 sang priests and 5 vanguard vets.

was capture and control, spear head deployment.

he won the roll and decided to go second.

I deployed my 2 foot slogging terminators, 1 with logan and the rune priest attached near my objective and as close to the centre of the table along with the lone wolf.

He combat squaded both squads a bit further back in his quarter. (with hi

first turn, the heavy flamer squad drop podded near his guys, killed most of a squad, then got killed by the rest of his guys, the rest of my guys moved up and fired a bit but didnt do much

second turn, other drop pod failed to come in, I moved up a bit and fired some more, killing one or 2, his reserves came on, storm raven unloaded his death company with chaplain and dread, which proceded to wipe out my 5man squad without logan, his vanguard vets came down and charged logan's squad, along with 2 squads of assault marines, logan killed 4 of the vets and made them run away, while the rest of the squad killed a few normal assault marines and made them run too.

3rd turn, my drop pod comes in, I drop it near his dread to try and kill it but fail, destroying an arm instead, logan moves towards the death company, shoot 1 then logan kills 3, while his chaplain loses 2 wounds, he kills one, then due to no retreat his chaplin dies, his dread charges my drop podded squad, and kills 2 while i get 1 attack past his armour and imbolise him, lucky for me the squad fails the moral check and runs away :D

4th turn he charges his few depleted squads into logan, while 2 more guys run towards my objective, my squad that ran from his dread still run, as are to close to regroup, but shoot his storm raven down. logan and his depleted squad kill 1 or 2 more and remain in combat.

5th turn, my fleeing squad finally regroup and move towards my objective, logan dies but the remaining terminator and rune kill 1 dude so its a draw. has 2 assault marines on it, I kill 1 and my lone wolf moves towards them

if the games ended now he would win, I roll and we continue

6th turn, rune priest and the lone terminator wipe out the last guy, lone wolf charges his remaining assault marine and squashes him. my rallied squad moves towards my objective. if it ends now its a draw, it continues, we dont play the last turn as all he has is an imobile dreadnought and my squad was 8 inches away from my home objective.

in his 3rd turn he forgot to move his storm raven, and overall did make a few mistakes, but had the game ended on turn 5 he would have won, was fun to play someone I had never played before and hope to get more games with him :D

Great report, wish you had some pics!

I see you have discoveres the greatness of wolf wing. i have done it at 2K and 2,250 with logan and najal, but i prefer to start logan on the table with a 10 man terminator squad with 2 cyclones-tank hunter FTW

With acess to combi-weapons and various CC weapons wolf wing is the most versatile all terminator force in the game now.

aye it is, I do enjoy having a terminator force up until i start rolling 1's for my armour saves....

I have been tempted to try out a 10man termie squad, with 2 cyclones, logan and rune priest, but having 3 squads seems a of a gamble, we shall see though. the assault cannon generally lets me down, but i love the model for it :D

yeah pics would be good, though apart from 1 terminator all my guys are unpainted, need to work on that as well as getting a digital camera to call my own...

Well just to give you an idea of what i ran atr 2K

i had logan and njal*(in terminator armor)

as my HQ

10 man terminator squad with combi-melta on all, alot of frost blades, 1 chainfist and 2 cyclones

then i brought in a pod with arjack and 4 terminators also with combi-melta/cyclone.frost blades

finishing it off with 2 podding venerable dreads with multi-melta DCCW/with heavy flamer, extra armor, wolf tooth and tail talismans

It performed well in every battle i used it in across the board vs eldar, marines, valk spam IG etc...

I cannot stress how amazing njal is, you just have to have him around and he does stuff without casting a single power, definately worth the points.

Nice report.

I like the Logan Wing Misile spam lists, but your list looks a lot like the Logan Wings that are cropping up left right and center in my store - about 2 or 3 running around now (though I through a stick in the works of all of them as I told them they cant drop pod 5 WG in term armor AND logan).

:P

well, when it comes to logan wing, there isn't much you can do at 1500 points if you want to keep it all terminators. logan, a rune priest or not, 2-4 squads, some drop pods, maybe some lone wolves, maybe a raider or 2, thats pretty much any "pure" logan wing...

Personally I am quite liking it, I really like small elite armies (more elite then marines HA) and I also won my second game with the same list on sunday, though I am swapping a few things around next time (got 2 drop pods for christmas, though I think I shall trade 1 in towards either some terminators, or a landraider for my deathguard army).

And yes, I realise you cant put logan and a 5 man squad in a drop pod, thats where taking at least a unit of longfangs would help a bunch, but I'm still swearing by playing pure terminators for as long as I can get away with it :D

PS, on my list of things to eventually buy is a digital camera, but thats after I buy quite a few things first.

Archived