scouts

Demoulius

hmm should have used the search engine i guess :)

took a picture if my scouts as they stand now:

gallery_11639_3674_357062.jpg

the old metal scout models :) 2 shotties, 2 ccw's and 1 heavy bolter ^_^

still got touchups, and the bases left to do. not to sure if i want to try painting the eyes, afraid il mess it up :)

what do you guys think?

All fatigues look like on the guy to the far left? There's shadows over the rest of them but on him, it looks really good.

I'd say go for the eyes. Gives the models life. If you're afraid of botching them, do them in the end of a painting session, when you've got good brush control.

Five years ago, I painted my scouts with black fatigues but today, I'd do them like you did.

thanks for the kind words ancient god :)

got a progress image and this time no shadow in it :huh: basicly only the bases left to do (and the eyes when i finaly grow a pair to give it a try :))

gallery_11639_3674_268924.jpg

what do you think?

Looking good! But those dodgy pictures put my dodgy pictures to shame. :whistling:

Considering scouts myself now because I'm going to participate in a campaign that requires you to play 500 pts from time to time soon. And I've NO idea how to fill out the troops choices in a reasonable fashion.

thanks!

yea i know man....i take pictures with my iphone these days....for all the pro's it has, the camera's capabilities isent one of them :D

i used to be a scout fan back in 3rd, stopped using them in 4th. used them once or twice in 5th, theyre allright you just have to know how to use them ;)

in 500 pts games they are ideal. put a cheap SP with them (they keep their move through cover, seeing as ALL IC's have it as well :P ) and gain ALOT in durability.

make sure to focus the porpuse for you squad though, nothing works worse then a mixed scout squad....

Archived