Ramming and a few quick questions.

Redo

I got into a little discussion with a fellow at the local gaming score and we got into a little debate; Anyway I have a couple of quick questions for the community;

Strength 10 is the Maximum strength but where does it say it in the BBB. I know that Powerfist etc double strength up to S10 and there it states up to a maximum of 10 but I cannot find any other statement capping Strength at a maximum of 10.

What is the maximum Ramming strength?

I argue that it can only get to a maximum of 10 but there is no clear statement regarding this. By my calculations the maximum a Tank could theortically achieve is S11 anyway.

1. Eldar Falcon moves 24" +8

2. Is a tank +1

3. AV12 +2

Total of 11 but S10 is the max. Do you agree?

The characteristics are: Weapon Skill(WS), Ballistic Skill(BS), Strength(S), Toughness(T), Wounds(W), Initiative(I), Attacks(A), Leadeship(Ld) and Armour Save (Sv).

For all models except vehicles these characteristics are given a value on a scale of 0 to 10 - the higher, the better (except for a model's Armour Save. where the

opposite is true!).

Certain pieces of wargear or special rules may modify a model's characteristics positively or negatively, by adding to it (+1, +2, etc.) or even multiplying it (x2, x3,

etc.). However no modifier may raise any characteristic above 10 or lower it below 0. Saves can at best be modified to 2+

Theoretical Maximum is actually much higher. Vects flying raider with a shock prow could reach.

24" Turbo Boost + Armour 13 + d3 for shock prow. which makes it str 14 before your Die roll. And would only be hit with a str 8-13 back.

There is also an answer in the FAQ Stating ramming is max 10.

There is also an answer in the FAQ Stating ramming is max 10.

you don't need a FAQ when the rulebook states it prefectly clear.. as was quoted before

"However no modifier may raise any characteristic above 10 or lower it below 0. Saves can at best be modified to 2+"

I think the idea was that it wasnt a characteristic but a special attack? Im not sure. But the point was there was an FAQ as I recall and it was very clear that a ram can never be more then str 10.

it is a special attack that has a characteristic, but yes, i just think it's funny that they had to faq it when it is clearly stated that str can't go above 10;)

Edit: Some of the other things that they have to answer too. Rediculous.

it is a special attack that has a characteristic, but yes, i just think it's funny that they had to faq it when it is clearly stated that str can't go above 10;)

Bob mentioned already, it needed a FAQ because its not a "model's Characteristic".

Thats why there was debate in the first place.

of course i disagree, and i'm right:) (FAQ says so) to me it's clear that no stat (besides armor) can go above 10 or below 0... I'm sure it can be read differently, but it takes some strange logic to read it as something else... (in my opinion of course) I just think people TRY to breal the system and then blame GW for being ambiguous with their rules (not that i wouldn't mind some tightened up wording) but some of the cases are pretty clear cut:)

Archived