Modelling the Sanguinor

Mezkh

Well spotted! :P

I cut mine up (two of them as the first sucked) and repositioned him onto one knee. I used a jeweler down the road to cut the second one. I've not actually assembled the second yet but he's going to be terminator-esque (the movie terminator) like my first attempt... only better.. I hope.

I didn't do it because of balance, mind. I did it because I hate the cruciform pose in general. Balance just happened to be a non-issue afterwards.

But yeah... Once assembled as standard, a minor bump to the face and he'll hit the deck. Lead in the bottom of the model will help, but it'll still be easy to knock him over.

Good luck. =/

edit: crazy typo

If I'm worried about a models stability, I usualy put something to weigh it down under the base. I usually just cut up some large paper lips and line them up under the base then fill the bottom with PGA glue. This is best done before you start assembling the model, but u can do it any time with a bit of balance.

Also once you start putting decorations or even just sand on your bases it can help balance a model quite a bit

I stuck mine on a 40mm base for stability. It's just something I do for all my special characters so I can give them a more visually appealling base. No complaints from my opponents either. Here Is my sanguinor (still WIP);

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/Ebsolom/Blood%20Angels%20WIP/DSC02257.jpg

Thanks for the pic,

I think I see the issue - looks like a piece is missing from my blister, ha. I've only got the body + wings, no backpack/scrolls/halo

GW will replace it...just have to wait longer as it's an instore order :P

Archived