February's releases

mercury

Hi all. Due to the intensity of my work I have not been following the forums too closely of late. I was just wondering if we were any the wiser as to what new Blood Angels releases we will be seeing in February? I have not been able to find anything using a simple search. Do we have anything concrete other than 'almost certainly Stormraven, probable Furioso'? Are there any solid rumours elsewhere on the internetz (I very rarely venture to Warseer and the like)?

From what I have seen.

StormRaven

Plastic Furioso

Blood Angels Battle Box (5 Jumpers, 10 Tacs, Rhino and maybe something else).

I would love to see a plastic Sang Priest kit, but I have seen nothing of such.

From my Blog (link in sig).

Stormraven Gunship (with all of the options from the codex)

Furioso Dreadnaught (with all of the options from the codex including Librarian bitz)

Blood Angels Battle Force with 10 Tactical Marines, 5 Assault Marines, 5 Death Company, and a Rhino

Kind of silly to put tactical Marines in the battle force seeing they are rarely used by Blood Angels players.

G :HQ:

I agree.

10 Assault Marines, Rhino, maybe a upgrade sprue or a Sang Priest and 5 Death Company would be much better.

At least thats my Opinion.

I'll just bust mine up and make melta/plasma/flamer holders out of them.. Maybe honor guard with some shiny parts added.

It is kinda silly but remember that GW has taken on a business mind now and so putting in the tact means that you either have to buy spare JP or incorporate them into your army or get another box set for more assault marines. Either way they make more money. Also the tact are the same as other SM except for Wolves so they can reuse the molds and thus save on cost. Disclaimer: I don't work for GW so don't take everything I say as the law.

As an experienced Black Templars player I know the pain of not having enough bolt pistols and close combat weapons. However with a little creativity you can stretch what you have. As I see it this set comes with a total of 12 chain swords, three power weapons, two power fists, and a thunder hammer. There is also 14 bolt pistols, two hand flamers, two infernus pistols, and at least four plasma pistols. Plus with the use of the grenade throwing hand, and a scanner, a person should be able to build a five man death co squad, a five man RAS with jump packs, and a 10 man RAS mounted in a rhino. This would be much easier if you have some extras in your bits box.

If you know how to get the most out of your bits the Blood Angels battle force set could be very useful.

Kind of silly to put tactical Marines in the battle force seeing they are rarely used by Blood Angels players.

G :tu:

Your right it is kinda pointless, but that said I really hate how you can buy a death company box set and a 5 man assault squad giving you enough marines to make a 10man blinged out squad! But wait you have 0 special weapons where do you get them from!

I am always running short on Melta and plasma guns, so the tacticals are usefull for that, the missile launcher is handy to.

You guys really don't use Tacs at all I have at least one in every list nothing holds the home objective as well and I usually have another for the midfield objective maybe thats just the meta here but I"m not the only one that plays that way. I have 4 assaults but rarely field them all.

So it essentially swaps 5 tacs and 5 scouts for a DC box. I hope that there is a bit more BA specific flavour to it than just that, as that currently means it saves less money on the individual purchases than the standard marine box. though 1 DC set could quite easily give all of those models a good BA flavour - ie all the bolters/weapons/shoulder pads etc. i look forward to february :-)

FOXX

If I get the Battleforce I'm thinking it might be a neato idea to use the Tac squad with my bits to create a 10-man Devastator Squad.

That'll give me some variation in the heavy support department, but also in the painting department in the form of blue helmets. ^_^

The thing I'm the most excited about is the Dread though, I'm sure it is going to be one mean-looking fella, at least the blurry pictures we have now indicate so.

with regards to the tacticals: fluffwise it makes sense; as has already been mentioned. tabletop wise its not bad either. but keep in mind that those kind of boxes are typicly used to flesh out an excisting force (or to start one) in which case theyre perfect.

is this box a bad deal? not really. those boxes retail for what...80 euros? boxes cost like....30-35 euros? its still a steal, even if you dont like every bit in the box, 3 out of 4 seems pretty good to me ^_^

Archived