Does Mephiston has 4 psychic powers?

ImperialReaper

Bretheren,

again it strikes me, that the translators of GW pretty much do not care about how they translate som of the rules.

I recently watched the youtube video from Beasts of War of Mephiston. There they explained him in detail - and also his special rule where he basicly stares at an enemy and makes him so afraid that he has to take a moral check with -4. If he fails his WS gets reduced to 1 in this assault phase. Sorry I dont know the name.

What strikes me is, that the english rules obviousley as they read it nowhere says, that this counts as a psychic power.

In my rulebook it is also a special ability and not listet among the psychic powers. However - some translator choose to translate the one sentence in brackes as " Note that this psychic power does not...."

So now in my country my opponents can argue that you cannot use his ability if he has already used his 3 psychic powers since he is "limited" to 3 per turn.

So please correct me if I got this wrong on the video and weather in the original codex the "mephiston stare" thing is a psychic power or not.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Archived