How to paint Ironclad dreadnoughts

Voltaire

High all, I'm a young player who has little to no experience in painting models, nor maintaining a proper work desk/bench. However, I've noticed that there are numerous techniques to painting your models, and so would hold it as no surprise if a multitude of methods existed for working on dreadnoughts. They being the large vehicular-cripple-marines that they are. ;)

My question, as I've obviously gotten of track is; how do you paint an Ironclad dreadnought? Such as washes, and highlighting. Should I paint each portion of it individually, or all as one model? :huh:

Should I light up the edge of the harness melta? :P

What color should the assault launchers be? :ermm:

And so on. :lol:

I hope you guys can help me out with this, and will post my results as they come.

On GW's website, there is an entire article on the assembly and painting of Space Marine Dreadnoughts, including the Ironclad. The last page has a step-by-step as done by the 'Eavy Metal painters at GW.

Building and Painting Space Marine Dreadnoughts

and here's a specific link to the last page, discussing painting.

Oh, I'm sorry. The painting page doesn't detail things like the assault launchers. From the other pics in the article, I would follow the techniques as outlined for the other boltgun metal areas of the model. At least, that's my inclination based on the few pics of the Ironclad I see.

Archived