advice on speeder spam.

TheMouth

My friend is playing BA as well, since its the new "power army" and that I kept slapping his nilla marine razorback spam...but his latest "uber list" consists of 6 speeders that sit in the back and fire, while having a librarian give them "shield", as well as 6-7 razorbacks ( assault/devs), 2 priests ( one in terminator armour that sits back with 3 dev squads ), 1 more librarian with the razorbacks.

So how does one pop 6 speeders ( cyclone/h.bolter ) plus 6 razorbacks ( 3 twin linked las, the rest are assault cannons)

What would you guys take against this list?

I am interested in hearing what you would bring and why.

My thoughts are, dev squad with lascannons, 2 dreads with las/missile/dakka, tac squad with h.bolter ( i have the most luck with that thing and destroying speeders )

Maybe a deep striking land raider? -_-

I forgot to mention points. 2.5k.

What models do you have, what points is it, and what are the razorbacks armed with?

With the squadrons generally you want to shoot your multi-shot weapons first. The squadron rules are particularly annoying and you want to avoid your opponent stacking putting pen hits on the an already beaten up speeder.

Also you dont want to build a list just to beat his, its better to work out how to beat it with your list. That certainly is not a impervious list to everything - squadron'd speeders drop like flies on the tables around me, even with 5++.

I will repeat myself.

I am interested in what you would take and why.

I know how to beat this list, I have in the past, I make all my lists as all comers lists. But I am looking for other options other peoples input and what they believe is a good run.

Also you dont want to build a list just to beat his, its better to work out how to beat it with your list. That certainly is not a impervious list to everything - squadron'd speeders drop like flies on the tables around me, even with 5++.

this is where you post up what you run in your army to beat speeders. :)

6 RAs with razros 3x5 devs and 6 LS +2 HQ libbies thats what 2500 right ?

shouldnt you be runig AC baals and/or rifle man dreads they do good agaist all class of skimers . + at 2500 you can realy fit more or less anything in to the list. a lot meq list play with 2LR or some sort of an alfa strike group[10 man sterns combat squading etc]. To have problems dealing with speeders you would have to play on a 6x6 table with city fight cover set up or a DOA army , but no one plays those at 2500 . So I kind of a dont get what the problem is here.

Rifleman dreads will be good against that list.

Mind you, I run 5 Landspeeders in my BA list and I find them to be the worst part of the list (the rest are RAS and priests). They are actually my "comp" concession (I'm in Australia where virtually every tournament has a comp component). It's not that they're terrible, it's just that they are pretty easy to kill with virtually any long range heavy weaponry.

I would use 3 Rifleman Dreads, 2 10 man Tacs w/ LC and MG in Land Raiders (combat squaded), 2 Baal Preds, 1 Libby, and flesh it out with RAS in Las/Plas backs. His light armor will crumble to the massive firepower, he will have a hard time cracking your Raiders, and you could add a few SP to boost your CC ability... Done

I've cleaned up some of this thread. Hopefully it can continue with constructive posting.

Brother Tim and Ozybana suggest what I would do if I was making a list specific to fight this. Rifleman dreads, perhaps some missile launcher devs and my own speeders.

Archived