Help with the New Forgeworld Marine Special Weapons

HUMBY50

Hey all, long time listener first time caller,

I just wanted to pick the collectives brain to see if anyone has got hold of the new forge world special weapons. I'm specifically having an issue with the missile launcher. There doesn't seem to be anyway to fit it to a marine and attach a backpack without some major surgery to one or the other piece. Am i missing something obvious? Anyone got any advice on how they worked around this?

If this is how the piece was intended to fit it seems a bit of a poor design choice on forgeworlds part. Cutting one of the "balls" off the backpack seems the easiest option but will leave the rear of the model looking a bit lopsided.

Cheers for the help

HUMBY

I used the forgeworld missile launcher and I removed one of the "balls" of the backpack. In my opinion you hardly notice that it is gone, because all attention is drawn to the extremely coll missile launcher.

I'll preface by saying that I do not have the FW version of this bit, however...

Having used the incredibly old school version of said missile launcher on a more modern marine, I can attest that trimming a vent off the backpack is the way to go. On the old model I prised it off of there was a small indentation on the ML that fit right over the considerable smaller vents of the old backpacks, far more diminutive than the newer ones. A quick google image search for rogue trader missile launcher shows somewhat what I'm talking about. In my case after I trimmed off the vent I reattached it to the backpack body in a similar manner to the old techmarine model(which had stuff coming out of both sides of the backpack and the hemispherical vent centered in the middle of the back), in the center so that the backpack still had two vents. It looks all right but in hindsight I should have just used a backpack with the central extra vent(round, but not hemispherical, if you get my drift) to begin with.

Not that the new ML bit is necessarily built the same way, but it is based on the old weapons that were meant to fit into the armor more than the current version.

Thanks guys, i figured that was the way to go, and forgeworld have confirmed it by email today. I've had a little play and think i might get away with it by trimming some of the detail off the launcher. I don't know why but cutting part of the backpack off bothers me, maybe i have symmetry issues!

Archived