1k tourney, refining the list

nicolo

So I have a 1k LGS tourney coming up and I am slowly refining my list, one thing is holding me back though, actually several but we will start with this one. If I give my libby blood lance and put him in either a razorback or a land raider can he use the power from inside? Lance doesn't require a shooting test and it hits things out of line of sight, so does that mean I can fire it from inside either of those vehicles? Thanks for any help.

does anyone know of anything definitive though? i know i can use area affect powers and that my radius is actually increased by being in a vehicle, and i would understand my opponent getting a cover save since i can't see him, but one of the things about this weapon is that it goes out x inches and hit everything in its path, and i'm not rolling to hit, just to see if it goes off, much like shield. i'm sure there has to be a ruling somewhere on this i just don't know where.

Ask in +OR+. I think it's a fair question. Most times a power doesn't have a typical profile, questions like this get asked. Same with cover saves on Blood Boil.

But I'm pretty sure the answer you'll get is it's considered a psychic shooting attack (however it's managed) and as such, requires a fire point.

edit: typo.

The only way I could see this working without a fire point is if it hit your own vehicle as well as your target, since you have to fire it through your own hull!

That said since you arnt allowed to shoot your self it would be technically disallowed from firing at all

Fair enough, I appreciate the feedback, I might have to refine my plans a bit now, but that's half the fun. I'm still deciding between the libby in a raider crusader with assault termies, flanked by a baal TLassC and HB, with 2xrazor and ras following behind, or 2x razor w/ras, libby and TLassC playing midfield while 2xfurioso and 1xfurioso libby drop pod in. I know I will have footslogging orks with custom force fields hiding behind a can wall, cult of speed orks, IG mini leafblower hiding behind a chimera wall, space wolves razor spam, all reserving tyranids, tau, dark eldar and SoB to contend against so I'm kinda at a toss up. There are some crazy scenarios, one of which makes everything count as difficult terrain, which is why i am leaning against my normal jump pack list and playing with some new ideas. Any advice would help, and if anyone can give me a similiar balanced build that allows me to field a callidus assassin i'll bow down before you.

I find for me that a Libby with bloodland and fear the darkness chucked in a rhino works great for me. I play mech so normally the rhino with 5 assault marines get shot last. And I use it as a platform for the Libby and a flamer.

the answer is no because you need LOS to your target for a psychic shooting attack which blood lance is. Psycich shooting attacks also count as firing a ranged weapon, which you cannot do from inside a transport unless you have a fire point.

Archived