hunter killers

Demoulius

Hello gents,

Topic says it all, does anyone use hunter killer missles on their rhinos? since they are fast vehicles they can move 12 inches and still fire the missle, perhaps good a for a side or even rear shot at armour? its 10 points for a throw away missle but with the mobility that our rhinos provide i can see it becoming a viable tactic :lol:

any thoughts?

I've used hunter killers in 3 games on 2 rhinos each time.

First game against ork trucks, my "to hit" dice were 1 and 2.

Second game against Dark Eldar Raiders, my "to hit" dice were 2 and 2.

Third game against Eldar Falcons, my "to hit" dice were 1 and 3.

The one that got through scored 1 for armour penetration so :lol:.

THEY ARE CURSED I TELL YOU!!!

I don't know if I'll use it again...

ive used them a great while back as well. blew up a rhino and some of its crew. aside from that i cant really recall whatever or not they did anything...then again the list i used was pretty defensive.

i can inmagine people who rush with rhinos and razorbacks would love rear shots with S8.

I've had some really great luck with HKs. In past games, I've blown the rail turret off a hammerhead (front armor facing at that), and immobilised a defiler at max range.

10 points isn't much when considering you could destroy an enemy tank / weapon system completely with them. I like them a lot, but I'll only purchase them with 'leftover' points in the construction of my armies.

I believe they fit well with LRs, annihilators, destructor preds and other dedicated tank hunters, but not so much with baals (if you're a BA player like me). I prefer SB add-ons for the latter to max the amount of lead being thrown down-range.

As for mounting HKs on regular old rhinos? Well, look at it this way: nobody fears a rhino, but people may think twice about driving their expensive tank into the open if you have multiple rhinos with multiple HKs at multiple angles on the gameboard covering them. In terms of threat, HKs probably won't win the game for you, but they may give your opponent pause for thought and a chance to second guess his own strategies for movement / attack.

Just my 2 cents.

A 45 point tank with the opportunity to pop a 100 point tank? It's worth it. If you play mech, it means that your rhinos now have something to do beyond tank shocking, especially if you reach the enemy lines, because then you can get at the side and rear. I don't see a use for them on regular tanks, though.

I take them whenever I can. Nothing :cusss an opponent like a rhino with teeth.

I take out speeders,rhinos, razorbacks...etc. etc.

Plus it counts as an additional weapon on the vehicle, so that much more annoying to kill via weapon destroyed results.

Take one or two, you never know when youll need just one more shot of st8 goodness.

i think il give mech another go in a while, take a pair (or 3) of rhinos with them, see how it works out :P because from the sound of it they can work out, depending on rolls off course.

then again so does every other thing we do in this game basicly, whenever we shoot a weapon we have a chance to miss.

what strikes me is tat the upgrade paid back its points if it kills a marine :lol: so its not really THAT bad when you think about it ;) and like Chapter Master Ignis Domus said, even the chance of it working can throw a spanner in your opponents otherwise "fool proof plan" :D

part of 40k is psychological warfare after all :lol:

I love them, use them as often as I can, and I think that when they are modeled up they look real nice. I have magnetized all of mine so that I can take them off if I don't need them, I will put them on preds to sometimes, if a weapon is destroyed it at least gives me one more shot before I suicide charge the tank at something.

Ashton

Majority answer is yes. I also join that group. After trying them out I have to say HK Missles are the bomb for 10 pts!

Now where do you guys usually stack them? In your Razorbacks? Rhinos? Baal/Heavy Predators?

I stack them up all over but I'm thinking that might not be such a good idea. Which do you guys think is the best to put them on and why?

My thoughts is to put them on everything if you have spare points. Makes things harder to get killed (more weapons they have to take off before it gets destroyed) and str8 shots are so sexy. They have unlimited range too if I do remember correctly. (I also plan on magnetizing mine - to use them when I want only and to also remove them once fired.) Pew pew pew

Majority answer is yes. I also join that group. After trying them out I have to say HK Missles are the bomb for 10 pts!

Now where do you guys usually stack them? In your Razorbacks? Rhinos? Baal/Heavy Predators?

I stack them up all over but I'm thinking that might not be such a good idea. Which do you guys think is the best to put them on and why?

My thoughts is to put them on everything if you have spare points. Makes things harder to get killed (more weapons they have to take off before it gets destroyed) and str8 shots are so sexy. They have unlimited range too if I do remember correctly. (I also plan on magnetizing mine - to use them when I want only and to also remove them once fired.) Pew pew pew

Archived