Colour advice

rusty1109

Hi all again!

Another question, this time how to approach a paint job.

I'm wanting to do my tanks in camouflage trying to get this finish:

gallery_44139_3380_9760.jpg

I'm thinking of doing it quite simply with an airbrush (should be fairly simple and a good way to lose my airbrush virginity) and LOTS of blue tack for masking between layers, although that method works better for stripes (based on what i've seen on youtube!).

The main question is what colours to use though, i only have experience with citadel so any suggestions for what colours or mixes of colour to use would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rusty

Deneb stone base, perhaps (thin!) graveyard earth for the patching. When doing the patching you're going to need a pretty dry application so consider a quick-drying medium or paint (eg tamiya thinner / isopropyl alcohol / tamiya paint). You are not going to need much paint in the mix - either in the medium or in the airflow - you're going to want to use a fine spray to build up the patches gradually. Practice on card/paper first.

Ive never used an airbrush so i don't have any decent advice asides from practice on a piece of cardboard or something first.

As for the colours, Dheneb stone, Kommando Khaki and graveyard earth look like they'll be your friends.

Archived