Color advice for parchment and plain cloth

Does anyone have advice for what color to paint things like purity seals and cloth tabards? I would normally use bleached bone, but that isn't an option here as I am painting Blood Ravens for a friend, and am using it for the cream color of the shoulder pads (to match his army). I'm not sure what would represent parchment and worn cloth well besides bleached bone. I tried washing bleached bone with ogryn flesh (which looked awful, just pooled ogryn flesh in the recesses and didn't tone down the bleached bone much at all), and my latest stab is something like 6:1 bleached bone:vermin brown in an attempt to darken the color (adding more bleached bone for the highlights, of course). This looks... ok, but not all that great. I was hoping someone else might have inspiration for me here.

Use fleshtones. Calthan Brown for the undercoat, Ogryn Flesh for the next coat, I think Elf Flesh past that, but I could be wrong. Basically finish it off with Skull white drybrush to not run into conflict with the Bleached Bone shoulderpads.

As I have some experienece with real parchment, I am familiar with its colour and I quite accidentally managed to reproduce it on my minis, so I can give you an exact recipe :)

General black undercoat - Deneb Stone - wash with Gryphonne Sepia - highlight with Bleached Bone - fine highlight with Skull White.

You can see what it looks like in my gallery (link in my sig), especially on the chaplain.

Archived