Chaplain spam...

TheMouth

I was debating running a list with Rechlusiarch, and 2 chaplains, as well as 3 priests, and LeMartes in an army ( along with max 10 man assault squads for every chaplain/priest combo, and 10 man DC, and heavy all Dreads )...just to see how it would go....does anyone have any experience in running max chaplains ? did it go well or poorly?

thats alot of points you're talking about. I suspect you wont be able to cram quite as much as you'd like in.

reclusiarch ~155

2x Chaplains ~ 300

3 Priests ~ 225

30 Assault Marines ~700

10 Death Company + Lemartes ~500

~1900pts before Dreadnoughts.

I think any list I could make looks like fun, but also does not look competitive. It really lacks tank killing power (you end up at 1860 points for just the squads, priests and chaplains). Furthermore, if you don't get the charge the chaplains really are not helping you. This means you are going to either jump across the table or try to DS 13-18" away from your opponent.

My post is about a spam list, not how i should spend X points here to get Y more amount of marines or librarians. It is about the proposed spam list.

bob- 300 for 2 chappies? what codex are you using? and trust me i will get all I want into my list. :D

Agreed with breng77. You pay much for the chappies, thus you get mostly buffed infantry, but REALLY lack Anti-armor. If you fight against infantry-heavy list, your chappy-spam may work.

My post is about a spam list, not how i should spend X points here to get Y more amount of marines or librarians. It is about the proposed spam list.

bob- 300 for 2 chappies? what codex are you using? and trust me i will get all I want into my list. B)

Well Its 200 for the pair. Plus another what 50 for the packs. And you may or may not want to take pistols, meltabombs, power fists, etc on them. Saving 50 pts isnt exactly a huge decrease in points from 1900 to 1850. You'll notice the reclusiarch is also bare bones theres alittle bit of over lap in my estimates there.

So why not show us a proposed list so I can get a better feel for what you're going for?

Well looking at what was described here is the best list I am able to come up with

2000 points

Rechlusiarch - Jump pack, Infernus Pistol

Chaplain - Jump Pack, Infernus pistol

Chaplain - Jump Pack, Infernus pistol

3 x Priest - Jump pack(2 with combi-melta)

3 x 10 Assault Marines (2 Melta guns, Power fist, Infernus Pistol)

10 Death Company (Jump packs 2 Infernus Pistols, 1 Power fist)

Lemartes.

This list is rather good if it can get the charge, less so otherwise. It has a shooting range of 12" (6" for many guns). I think you would probably try to deep stike all 4 units (hopefully on turn 2) Fairly close to the opponent, but more than 12" away but less than 18", then run each unit in order to spread out. On your next turn, jump in and try to pop open transports, or Charge squads of infantry. This list would be hurt badly by low AP fire power as it will lose all of its durability.

which is more or less the list I described XD and I dont see any dreads in it which was my whole point in the first place. B)

This might be radical. But if you dropped all the infernus pistols & combi meltas and made each squad about what 7 men. I think you could probably fit in 2-3 Dual Missile Launcher/Autocannon Dreads. (They are what 125 a piece?) which would give you some fire power to start Dropping stuff right off the bat. No need to deepstrike (except maybe the DC)

I think theres also alot of possibility for an Autocanno/Assault cannon Dread but those get alittle heftier.

Archived