Storm raven?

Glendor

I love the idea of the storm raven and even the model coming out looks okay to me. I want to know if the storm raven is any good and if so how do you not get it destroyed? Also what do you put in it and at what points level?

I use it in 1500pt+ games.

How to make it survive? If you're going first, stick it as far up as possible and grab the 4+ cover save from moving 24".

If you're going second, put it in reserve so your enemies don't blow it up.

It's really a Death Star holder.

I like to stick a Librarian w/ Termie Armor+SS and 5 assault terminators in there, along with a Furioso Librarian or Death Co. Dread w/ Talons(depending on the rest of the army).

Alternatively, you can put Lemartes and 10 DC in there, along with a DC Dread (Blood Fists).

I hear others putting Sanguinary Guard and a Jump Pack IC in it as well.

It's going to live for as long as you can make its cover saves. Typically, mine doesn't last past the second or third turn. Once they've dropped their load, they turn into gunships.. unleash those str8ap1 missiles asap.

When the new one is released, I'll run the occasional list using both (my kitbash and the new one).

first off i find that in mechanised armies with other priority mech targets they actually have survived for whole games but if its one stormraven among lots of infantry it will be dead on the first turn. i remember i was watching a tourny and one person had three of them and plenty of razorbacks and two land raiders, every storm raven survived the whole game, the trick was that he put them in reserves and had them trail behind making them a less of a threat

i remember i was watching a tourny and one person had three of them and plenty of razorbacks and two land raiders, every storm raven survived the whole game, the trick was that he put them in reserves and had them trail behind making them a less of a threat

How many points was this tourney? You're talking more than 1300pts just for the transports (I'm assuming 'plenty' means 4 RBs).

Black orange that is awesome and i love the tactica, lots of great info and really inspires me to try it out. Also I have seen your load out for your honor guard and it sounds amazing. However at what points level would you not bring the SR? I am planing some 1250 pt games is that too small?

BTW the models on the website are Amazing!

Thanks Glendor. :) At 1250 points you could fit in a Stormraven. Just keep it with the bare bone essentials - extra armor, twin linked lascannon and twin linked multi-melta... That will cost you 210 points. You could use it simply for fire support or take something inside for the ride. I played against a Tyranid army earlier today and my Stormraven was very useful surviving the game. It was even assaulted by a big squad of genestealers with a Broodlord and then a Flyrant and came through with flying colors... No pun intended. ;)

Give it a try and see if it works out for you.

G :HQ:

i reently build one (yesterday) and will be (hopefully) trying it out today. its kitted out with hurrican bolters, TL heavy bolter and TL assault cannon with extra armour. should be a transport option first and when thats taken are off gunship next. i may be using it to fire its bloodstrike missles first, havent decided yet. but it seems a waste not to fire those pretty quikly.

im unsure if i should fire them all in one go or fire them in pairs, any thoughts on that?

I'd have it depend on what the opponent is fielding and the terrain. If the situation allows for you to keep the stormraven alive for a few turns you can just shoot them in pairs, if there's a risk of it dying in the second turn you might as well fire all of them at 1 target.

Totally depends on the situation Demo. :3

Example the First.

Hive Tyrant standing in open.

Solution? FIRE ZEE MISSILES!

Example the Second.

Rhino Hunkering on an objective.

Solution? Pot shot with 1-2 As you approach.

Example the Third.

Broadsides are in cover but you got first turn.

Solution? FIRE ZEE MISSILES! (Unless there are shield drones)

Example the Fifth.

You're faving off against 120boys and some lootas and nobz...

Solution? I dunno Fire teh missiles immeidiately at the lootaz to try and bring em down? The nobz also make a great target but then whittling away a unit of Boys is never bad.

Always remember three key Storm Raveny things.

1) Hurricane Bolters are Defensive.

2) Storm Raven can POTMS when going flat out for cover.

3) You can always just lay down the missiles one at a time in other directions Via POTMS

Archived