Lucius the Eternal

caboosebe

To be honest, I don't like the current color scheme of GW for the Emperor's children.

So I tried going for a pre-heresy/heresy look with bright colors and purple.

gallery_54687_5139_50292.jpg

gallery_54687_5139_21636.jpg

gallery_54687_5139_39977.jpg

gallery_54687_5139_37354.jpg

I also tried to make the faces more 'Coming-out-of-armor-feel' then the fleshy faces of the preview model of GW.

I realise I'm not the greatest painter around, but I'm still pretty happy with the results :P

C&C always welcome :)

Caboose

Solid job man, I think the face came out really well, as did the cloth parts. I do think the whip gets lost a little, it would look awesome in a bright green or other bright colour. I've got this model to paint too and I'd be happy if it came out as good as this :eek

Thanks for the positive comments.

First I painted every 'string' of the whip in an other color, think blue, red, yellow and pink. (very flashy) But it made Lucius look like the drunk son of a Harlequin and a clown on a sunny summerday.

I'm still thinking how I should do the whip, maybe blending into an other color starting from the hand to the tip, but I'm still trying to get that technique under control, so the whip will stay for now till I get that right (so I don't mess him up)

His base still needs some love too. He isn't glued to it so I still can take him off.

I also think I'm going to give his combat drugs some other colors :eek

Maybe give the faces a little brighter color, but I'm still not going to make it like the GW example of fleshy faces pasted on his armor.

@Wagner, what did you have in mind then?

I'm still thinking how I should do the whip, maybe blending into an other color starting from the hand to the tip, but I'm still trying to get that technique under control, so the whip will stay for now till I get that right (so I don't mess him up)

I would paint it green then drybrush over it with the same green mixed with white, simple but effective :RTBBB:

Archived