sanguinary priests

shan vener

hey guys got a question

what do you give your sanguinary priests if your running a squad of three.

so far iv'e got 2 pieced up from death company plus 2 command squads (christmas loot)

1 with jump pack, infernus pistol, power fist

1 with jump pack, hand-flamer, power sword

i'd like to make a third but no idea for gear, so what do you guys think?

I wouldn't have stuck a Fist or paid for a pistol with Sang priests... you're making them too expensive. The fist defeats the Priest's awesome initiative 5, which might allow him to cut down a few enemies before they get to strike back. The most I'd give a Sang priest is a PW and a Pack.. capping out at 90pts for a 1W model with a 3+ save.

When the codex first came out I modeled up a really cool looking SP on Bike... it was actually quite successful but every time I posted my list online, people tore into it regarding the bike. I eventually dropped it.

Recently I've been running it again, joined with 2 or sometimes 3 MM attack bikes. They are a slightly more resilient Kill Point, and they can move 24" (24"!!!) to give FC and FnP on the fly (whilst receiving a 3+ cover save)... I realize the list optimizers will scoff at a dual purpose squad as such ...but I think it's a really fun unit that I don't see in any of the cookie cutter lists.

i agree on what has been said on the powerfist, on a 1 wound IC with I5? bad idea :eek

with regards to the third one, that would depend on the rest of your army imho. you dont HAVE to make 3 you know :) you oculd even only take 1 if youd wish :eek

find a spot for the SP and you automaticly should know what wargear he would need :eek

well the reason for the power fist is that part of my playing style is for the SP to stick with a unit that fits with his wargear

like my power fist vanguard or my power fist assault squad. and the reason that i want 3 is that i have the option to take 3

and i don't the reason that i have 2 to be that i couldn't figure out what the third will have.

Along with Chaplain Gunzhard, I also run a priest on a bike, and I add in a power weapon. Joining him to 2 mm attack bikes makes the squad extremely resilient, fast, and the power weapon helps them in case they get caught up in an assault.

Like the others, I run a jump pack & power weapon as my second one, and have a third with which is my Novitiate, who just has a jump pack like the rest of my honor guard. The advantage of taking the HG is that he can't be picked out in close combat, so he's a little more survivable.

2 Sp armed with Power weapons, and then corbulo.

If any are jumping with a unit, then give 1 a jump pack.

That way they provide their bonus, whilst being able to hit back with something in assault. No more as it would be too many points for a 1 wound model with a normal 3+save

<_<

well the reason for the power fist is that part of my playing style is for the SP to stick with a unit that fits with his wargear

like my power fist vanguard or my power fist assault squad. and the reason that i want 3 is that i have the option to take 3

and i don't the reason that i have 2 to be that i couldn't figure out what the third will have.

I actually think that a PW armed SangPriest is a great compliment to a TH or PF armed Sergeant. The IC SangPriest can potentially deal out some S5 power weapon hits with the rest of the unit's regular attacks and then the heavy CCW can add its weight at the END of the round. Not much issue with wound allocation there!

I also like Justin2008's advice. When you are going to have 3 SP, go with 2 PWs, one with perhaps a JP and if a third...why not take Corbulo.

well as much as i like corbulo i have one problem with him, no JP

my entire army has jump pack, literally i have no termies, devastators, tac squads, scouts, or tanks.

the only exception is my DC LRR which carries 10 DC 8 w/ power weapons, 2 w/ hand flamers

but i think for a 3rd priest im going to run another PW/HF and change the power fist to a power sword but keep the pistols.

EDIT: ill post pictures when i can

Archived