New to WH 40k

Makers

And of course I picked the Dark Angels.

Few of me and my friends are starting with some simple 500 point armies and, being new to 40k, I dont have the parts to build a Belial.

Any other HQ you could recommend to get started with?

Well, I assume you own the codex and rulebook?

The most fun HQs for DA are either an interrogator chaplain or a librarian. Librarians are fun because of the force weapon and the psychic hood. If you get a librarian, you might want to consider Ezekiel for the Ld10 psychic hood. Also, the easiest way to start Space Marines is the battleforce. Dark Angels assault squads aren't the best, so if you have a friend starting Blood Angels or who just wants them, he/she might trade for lets say, a combat squad, if they are going to play Codex Marines.

Yea, i was considering Librarian, Probably going to start with Ezekiel.

Other n00b question, and sorry for being retarded, but where in the Core Rulebook or Codex, does it show what the Psychic powers are and what they do?

Never mind found it, disregard.

The good thing about DA, is that their basic, cheap commanders are very decent. Our librarians and chaplains are better than the generic version (except for psychic powers).

The points you save on them can be spent on additional units.

Regarding the choice of HQ, I's say it depends on what you do own right now.

Deathwing is probably the cheapest way to get an army. You need 21 terminators, 2 Land Raider Crusader and 2 Dreadnoughts... plus something else you like. It sounds big right now, but its an extremely low model count and price-wise, probably the cheap way out.

Ravenwing is quite expensive, BUT!!! we have a beautiful battleforce which will allow you to cut costs quite a bit. 3 of them yield 18 bikes, 3 Land Speeders and 3 Attack bikes for a total of 1200ish points.

If you start small (a very good idea), I'd say plan ahead. Think in terms of 250 points increments and that will help you choose your purchases.

Personally, when I started DA, I LOVED! my assault marines and their chaplain with jump packs :mellow:

Hope it helps!

No love for the Company Master? I can't do without my Rites of Battle, and being able to have twin claws and still plink on the shooting phase has gotten me out of a few scrapes.

I've always found our 4e psychic powers too random for my taste, and Zeke is a joke this edition, but I have to agree that our Chaplains are awesome.

Archived