Front Armour 13

Has anyone made an attempt to up-armour the front of the Rhino chassis to represent a Predator having Armour 13 on the front, without resorting to a dozer blade or a partial Forge World extra armour kit?

The Vindicator doesn't really need it, since the cannon and the slightly different front plate cover this quite nicely, but since Predators use the regular Rhino chassis, I'm trying to find a way to represent it.

A preliminary method I have in mind would be to use plasticard to bulk up the front, to look similar to the front plate of a Baal Predator, but heavier.

Add tank tracks - spare tracks are often used to make ad-hoc armour on tanks. You could also model on ablative armour sections - just find some texture like briquettes or something similar, and add the appropriate armour. You could also model some rivets to create bonded armour, making it look like an additional sheath of armour has been bonded to the front.

hey guys,

heres how the CHS armoured front plate looks on the rhino chassis! i also got the CHS preheresy parts on the sides as well mind :lol:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/PC020002.jpg

Wisey <_<

Heres the forgeworld extra armour. Its also got an Ultra Rhino front and doors

Looking at the CHS front if you are not too worried about the heavily armoured hatch you should be able to make the bulkier armour at the bottom using plasticard and adding that to a standard Rhino.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Marines3.jpg

The predator on the left was an ebay purchase that was completely stripped so if you want pre/post pics let me know

I used some plasticard to even out the front panel and then glued the old ORIGINAL rhino front armour/ramp piece into place there.

Single front viewport. Bulkier, obviously more armoured front. Job's a good 'un and bob's my mother's brother.

chromedog: That's one of the more effective ideas I've heard yet. Thanks!

Side-note; Forge World doesn't seem to have either of their Extra Armour kits available on their website any more, anyone know why that is? I've emailed them about it.

Archived