GW have changed the DA Chapter Upgrade Sprue

Brother Caedrius

Well, after receiving email notification of the upcoming WFB Skaven release I decided to see if there were any W40K releases.

And what should I find.....

This

Seems GW have realised they were giving away a bargain with the 2 sprues for £12 and so are intending to "rerelease" it as a single sprue for £8 and still no bases!

I'm sure glad I've got all the DA I need!

Just a note you can still get the 20$ (US) upgrade sprues if you go through this link

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1060242

I picked up a couple of sprues for myself. The rumor is that GW is about to discontinue the "2 sprue" pack and go to a "1 sprue" because the 2 sprue is too good a deal. Make of that what you will.

Can I just ask what the difference between the 2 kits is (apart from cost). Looking at the picture they both seem to contain exactly the same items.

The old kit was 2 of that sprue so you could build 10 marines.

the new kit is only 1 sprue. so it is almost the same as the Veterans boxset now, minus the bases :)

Just bought 10! Looks like I have 60 Dark Angels bodies en route..... as well as teh spare Terminatr legs etc tec

Do you mean 100 bodies? Or did you buy the new version?

Can I just ask what the difference between the 2 kits is (apart from cost). Looking at the picture they both seem to contain exactly the same items.

The old kit was literally this kit, but two of them in one package for 20 USD. The new kit has exactly half this kit for 13.25 USD.

It's annoying...To bad the veteran kit got a price hike also! 22 USD - 24.75 USD

Thinking about it, with the new veteran kit prices it isn't much of a loss relatively. 2 of the new upgrades are 26.50 USD and the veteran kit is still the same for 24.75 USD. 1.75 USD difference.

Same price increase here in the US too. Okay, it is really only a 32.5% price increase here in the US, but who's counting? ;)

If you have extra bases around, it is still not a bad deal though. They go really well with all of those extra heavy weapons included in the Devastators Boxed set too. ;)

I looked in sprue and it only contained 3 legs! which SUCK! cause gotta waste so much more to get 20 fully robed guys agh

The picture of the sprue on GW site just shows you 1 of every item you get on the sprue. There are 3 different leg types, but on the sprue you get 5 in total, 2 running, 3 standing ;)

edited to improve understanding ;)

Just bought 10! Looks like I have 60 Dark Angels bodies en route..... as well as teh spare Terminatr legs etc tec

Erm..

yeah.

Well I now have a company of Dark ANgels to paint up.. Now what to do with all those spare Terminator legs?

Erm..

yeah.

Well I now have a company of Dark ANgels to paint up.. Now what to do with all those spare Terminator legs?

Make the entire Deathwing company go! I'll race you :tu:

Hemal, you can often get Terminator torsos and arms from bits suppliers for not very much...

That is a very good point. One which I might capitalise on. This is all rather embarrasing. An irrational purchase of £120 of sprues which is going to leave me with 100+ new models waiting to be painted :-( ANd an army that I like a lot but didn't collect..

ah well, it'll give Azrael something to back him up, and I have tonnes of assault squads unassembled, so I think I may be combining with these kits. Not to mention that the bits like the phylactories and scrolls look greta on other marines as well...

Thanks I was worried about that, and didn't know if it was true or not. Thanks, I wonder if I should make all my Dark Angel Marines Robed, only 20 or just the Sargent and Vets? what do you guys think?

Well, that's a toughie...personally I think robes should be reserved for the higher ranking members of the Company/Chapter, so i would only dress Sergeants/Veteran Squads/Company Masters/Chaplains/Librarians/Command Squads and such like in robes. In my opinion this will look awesome, really defines who's in command, and will cost you a lot less than having to buy a lot of those upgrade sprues, but then the choice is yours.

I didn't use any at all for my 3rd Co., but that was due to bad planning, bad financing, and a general dislike for "bling!" at the time! hehe

Archived