The dangers of secrecy

Lucifer216

Hi all,

Just thought you might find this little tale amusing. In my group's current Deathwatch Campaign, we are fighting a guerrilla war of sorts against a Chaos invasion. In desparation, we looked to the pirates infesting the system as allies. As it turns out, their leader happened to be a personable Space Marine in black armour wearing a distincly Calibanite sword. As the two Dark Angels in our party were not of the inner circle and we viewed the destruction of the chaos invasion as being a greater evil than letting a single renegade marine go his merry way, we formed an alliance. Under the terms of which, we with the help of the Adeptus and Lord Sector Governor Hax agreed to give him a Rogue Trader Warrant in the Kronus Expanse and the command of a derelict battlecruiser which was in the asteroid belt of the system, once we had restored it to operation using our pooled resources.

If the Dark Angels Chapter ever gets wind of this, it might not go too well for our fellows...

Indeed. Reading through it, it seems that the writers really enjoyed throwing in Dark Angel hooks. From the very idea of Black Shield Deathwatch marines to the plethora of Dark Angel quotations and artwork, I definitely got the feeling that there are friends of the Dark Angels on FFG's design staff.

What a coinkidink, I just swayed 2 friends into trying Deathwatch. The 1 guy who has never heard of 40k was instantly drawn to the Dark Angels, so luckily I can treat him like a new DA marine.

I'm also being a whore and throwing in a Dark Angel subplot, even though the battle group is comprised of 4 blood angels and 2 dark angels providing fire support. Instead of making it glaringly obvious that there is a Fallen afoot, I'm going to slip him in there like a bad M Night Shamalamamalon plot twist.

I'm rather confused about your current storyline though. The Fallen leads the chaos invasion, and your guys give him a ship for some reason?

Ah. Sorry for not being clearer. The Chaos Invasion is being led by Lord Feyton of the Black Legion. The Deathwatch kill team was orginally called to this particular planetary system to deal with the pirates, some of whom had clearly fallen under the influence of the Dark Eldar. As it turns out, the leader of the most powerful block of pirates turns out to be the Fallen, who considers himself still loyal to the Emperor and the original purpose of the Great Crusade.

Ah, now that just clears things up a bit.

Sorry to be a hog, but this thread just seems like a great place for everyone to share their deathwatch campaigns.

In our upcoming game, we're cutting Deathwatch out of the equation and just making it a Blood Angels mission to hunt down, sedate, and return with a crazed Death Company marine. They will also requisition the help from 2 Dark Angels to help with fire support as both chapters are on the planet to fight off an work WAAGH. A first game for all, so it should be simple up until the subduing action. A black armored marine in Iron armor and a crossed out winged shoulderpad will not raise any doubt as to the true chapter of that marine. Luckily the plasma melted face grille and the Blood Angels method of putting DC in stasis, none of the gamers should be the wiser.

Archived