Purity Seal Question

SunThirster

Hi all

Ive just sprayed some purity seal on my marines and as they've started to dry, it looks as though they've been dusted with white powder! The varnish hasnt dried clear but very cloudy.. Does this mean ive applied to much onto them?

This is my first time using a varnish, i was particuarly proud of my latest paint jobs and it looks like ive gone and ruined them :HQ:

Any advice is appreciated,

Cheers

Unfortunatelly, the only advice I can give you is: don't bother with GW's varnish. I've had a lot of 'cloudy' minis in the past, and I have now moved on to artist's varnishes, never to turn back to the GW stuff. I've heared a lot of good things about Testor's varnishes as well, although I haven't tried them myself.

As for what caused the fuzzyness: you either sprayed away from too far away, or the atmospheric conditions were less then optimal, the GW varnish is very nitpicky about that stuff. There are some FAQs somewhere in these forums that tell you how to eliminate the most of the fuzzyness/whiteness I believe.

Throw that can away and buy a can of Testor's Dullcote. A reapplication of a decent varnish should take care of your problem. I recommend brushing on a coat of gloss (I use Future) and let it dry overnight. Then hit it with a light coat of Dullcote.

Archived