What squad to run Dante with?

Drachnon

I'm thinking about fielding Dante in my next army list but I'm not sure what squad he should join.

Vanguard Veterans can't use heroic intervention with Dante around so that seems counter intuitive.

Honour guard I think would be best because of the build in priest plus weapon options and the banner (7 attacks on charge with I7 + S5 should be scary against a variety of enemies).

Sanguinary guard can also have the banner and would put out an insane amount of power weapon attacks and all have 2+ saves.

But the Assault Squads can field more bodies allowing more hit and run attacks (great survivability especially if a priest is also added).

The assault squad and sanguinary guard also have an extra advantage over the honour guard because they can capture objectives (and considering the squad will cost around 500 points I'll need models that can claim objectives).

So any here who fields Dante? If so what do you field him with?

Old man Angel goes in a squad of Sanguniary Guard with a Sanguinary Priest every time. SG have PF and x2 Infernus pistols and Banner and SP has a Lightening Claw and jump pack . They will beat just about anything. No need for more really. if the Libby isn't doing anything useful he might come along to to give them a +5 cover save, but normally Libby is doing his own thing.

also the sound of using him with death company...tasty. if you plan to deep strike what ever unit hes with id go for a few melta. personally id go for an assault squad and have the sanguard with someone else. and hounour guard dont need a character but would take a chappy or libby.

HnR DC works well! The one inch rule means you get out at the end of your oppnents turn and can re-(multi-)charge for better placement and more attacks.

10VV+Dante+priest works well. One reserve roll, one squad HI, one squad + Dante + priest for precision bubble and pistol melta

I like to run him with a 10 man RAS and a priest giving me a 12 man squad with 2 meltas and 3 melta pistols + a power fist. Absolutley deadly to Mech, infantry or monstorous creatures. This unit can threaten all but the hardest hammer units. With hit and run they are always firing those meltas and assaulting at I5 S5.

Hmm a full assault squad + priest + equips is about 360 points I think

I does provide me with 12 models (including dante).

I could also try 5 JP death company + lemartes an extra inferns pistol and a powerfist. For a similar amount of points.

Which should be pretty scary despite only 7 models (inluding dante)

Sang. Guard + priest can have banner + 2 powerfists and 2 infernus pistols for slightly less points.

7 models like the DC and better survivability through 2+ saves but no Lemartes :D but a lot of PW attacks instead.

And lastly the honour guard who seem to be the cheapest choice overall.

With JP's a Blood champion, 2 infernus pistols, a power weapon, a powerfist and a banner they're still about 75 points below the others.

Which is almost enough to warrant getting a chaplain with JP and add it just for the reroll to hit on charge.

I think I'll try running him with the DC and see how it will turn out if not I'll take a look into the assault squad.

Archived