Future Modeling Idea

So after tons of reading through my Codex and pondering other choices of making my Chaos Lord... I got the idea today while looking into some other pieces on the GW site. I looked through the Warhammer Fantasy section and while looking at the Khorne Chaos Lord on Juggernaut.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1290097

I remembered I could put a Khornate Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut. Would I be allowed to do a conversion Job on this using the Metal Juggernaut from the Fantasy set and a 40k Chaos Lord? I know the Base I would have to use would be a 40k one (though I dont know the sizes by heart or which I would need, or if I would need one.) Im also getting the impression that what you do to your units is your own choice, but how would tournaments react to this or other players even?

And yes I am aware they sell a Juggernaut Mounted one for 40k, I just happen to dislike the look of it alot. Id rather risk assembling one from a Bloodcrusher pack if it was my only other option. Thanks in advance!

I'd purchase the Blood Crushers plastic box instead of teh Metal jugger as it gives you 3 t play with and means that you can do a bit of modelling. the issue could be getting a rider onto the mount, perhaps a Fantasy Chaos Knights legs, or reposed berserker legs to look like he is leaning across the saddle, or even Obliterator legs as was used on MagmaTrax...

Thanks, Ill see what I can do as far as metal cutting tools. Or how the model itself needs to be put together before I do any purchases, with my luck the rider would be in place already. Worse to Worst, I did want a set of bloodcrushers eventually, Ill just have 2 and have my Chaos Lord Ride with them lol.

I have the metal one. The good news is thy the rider is seperate to the mount completely. He also has seperate heads which would work well (with a little adjustment) on a CSM.

The bad news is it's generally a pain to put together - it's a heavy model and needs strong pinning and a bit of green stuff to hide the joints.

Definately ignore the 40k one, that beast's ancient! I'd back up what was advised above - go with the plastic Bloodcrusher set. That way you get to customise the position, it won't break into 4 pieces with every bump and you'll have an easier time making CSM legs sit over it as it's much easier to shave down than the metal one.

Good luck either way, they're very cool models!

Edit: Spelling :tu:

Archived