anyone care to settle this argument

7Thunders

Ok plain and simple

Can a Deathwing Terminator Sgt. Exchange his storm bolter for a heavy flamer and

still be able to keep his power sword?

I say: NO!. Because the book says that 1 terminator may have a

Missle launcher.assault cannon. Or heavy flamer.

the reason: a "Terminator" is different from a "terminator Sgt."

my friend says: yes you can do this. Because they are all "Terminators"

therefore you can equip him with the above loadout and have the rest

of your guys have lightning claws or whatever.

So who is right?.

I don't have my C:DA to hand but I'd say no.

The Sergeant gets different options under his listing does he not? Like: "...can replace his Power Weapon with:" and it doesn't mention the above weapons.

So gut instinct is no because the upgrades for the Sergeant are defined in a seperate part of the entry.

I note- two options say 'any model'. The seargent is included in these options, he is a model.

Only the heavy weapon options say "A terminator".

Thus, there must be a difference for the language used. The only reasonable answer I can see is that the Heavy Weapons are not an available option to the seargent, despite his being a terminator himself.

Grey Mage and Captain Juan Juarez are right. A 'Terminator' is a separate army list item to a 'Terminator Sergeant' and thus heavy weapons upgrades are not available for him.

Cheers, and a very Happy 'Unforgiven' New Year

I

That's how codex unit entries are always worded, by the way. Any time the sergeant of a squad can take the same options as the grunts, the codex will say "any model". Otherwise, options that a sergeant can take will say "the sergeant can..." and options that a grunt can take will say "any/one/up to two/all/etc. grunts can..."

Of course, there's the FAQ ruling in the DA FAQ that throws mud all over this, where it states that Scout Sergeants are, in fact, Scouts, and Veteran Sergeants are Veternas, so they can take all the options listed for Scouts and Veterans, respectively.

But hey, whoever said GW was consistent?

Archived