ideas for basing terminators

just wondered if anyone can give me ideas how to base some recently purchased terminators. they are the ones from the latest edition of space hulk, but im going to doing them in Deathwing scheme.. would love any ideas you guys have and also web addresse where i can purchase stuff from for the bases.. :sweat:

Removing the Space Hulk basing is tricky - on the ones I'm doing at the moment, I simply clipped back the base so it'd fit on a standard 40mm round base, and smoothed it in with greenstuff. Then it's just sand / grit before painting, as per usual.

alternitavly, you could just glue them straight on to the 40mm base, and then glue sand, etc, over the base, to keep it nice and simple.
This is what I would do, just make sure to cover up the gaps with flock/basing material and make sure to make it look as natural as possible, like say, stacking small rocks on one side and smoothing out the gaps on the other.

When you say stuff for the bases.. what do you have in mind?

If you're thinking sand, vegetation and similar, real life is your friend. I have a zillion bits of rock, small branches and similar that I pick up in the most unthinkable places!

If you want something more "industrial" or "space hulk" thing, I'd suggest doing your own bases with some steel net (like the ones you use to cover pipes so they don't clog) and small bits of plumbing PVC pieces.

Hope it helps!

Here are my ultra SH termies.

There are a few pics of how Ive got around the issue with the bases as they are all wip

My SH Termi Thread

those termies are fantastic (even though they are smurfs ) definatley given me lots of ideas. like the way you have painted the blue, might use that recipe for my librarians...

Archived