Modelling Fox Tails

Hi fellow B&CS forum members, I once again find myself in a dilemma and looking for some advice or tutorials. I run a fox-themed chapter as my name might suggest, and have decided to pick up some of Mr Dandy's Riding Wolves in hopes of converting them into riding foxes (Ridiculous? OF COURSE! :) ). Anyway, while the huge musculature might work against me I think paint will generally let me get away with it, the big seller will be if I can model out a 'brush' (fox's tail) replacement for the small tails provided. Unfortunately looking for tutorials on how to greenstuff fur seems to only get things like furr liners and pelts, not something 3d for an actual model.

I'm still really bad at green stuff to boot, which I know will work against me. Oh well, nothing like practice!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get a good looking bushy tail - either making it myself or through some weird bits piece?

THere's lots of wolf tails on the space wolf minis which might fit the bill, otherwise I'd suggest getting a thin rod of metal and building the basic shape you want in GS, let that cure and then go over it with more GS to add the texture, most of the tutorials you've seen for pelts will have a good guide on how to get the texture right.

Archived