Raven Guard scout colour scheme - help.

I've started painting my first scout squad and I'm kind of lost. I want to keep them blackish, generally dark, so it's black armour and boots, and hair (they're RGs after all), but I don't really know what to do with the rest of their gear - visible clothing and harnesses. At first I thought to paint it black as well, as in modern day police special forces (think SWAT), but it doesn't really look good on a mini, I want them to be a little less monotonous colour-wise. I looked up some camo patterns, but I'm not really convinced to any of them. Help me out, brothers.

The scout clothing can be painted in any camouflage pattern you wish..only their body armour retains their chapter colours.

The RG scouts painted up by the 'eavy metal team in Codex Spacemarines actually show white shoulder pads.

However, in Imperial Armour Volume Eight: Raid on KAstorel-Novem, there is a full page artists illustration of a Ravenguard Scout, whose shoulder pads are dark and the chapter insignia/squad markings are described as being low visibility pattern..looks almost grey, suggesting that they obviously makethemselves less visible in the combat zones. That aprticular image depicts the trousers and smock in brown and green camouflage pattern.

Hope that helps

SG

I've already painted their armour black, now I need just some advice as to what colour will look nice on the visible parts of their uniform and harness.

I've seen the scout sgt picture in IA Kastorel-Novem, but it's got this greenish hue to it that distorts actual colours. Been trying to clean it up by changing brightness/contrast/hue settings of a scanned image on my computer, using black colour of armour as reference, but all I've really managed to squeeze out of it is dirty, muddy, darkish brown (?) on the clothing parts. Oh, and the sniper rifle's casing is definitely dark green.

Archived