DA Movies

GAZ_AV_NZ

I had to share this with DA fans as well

DA vs Tau

Dark Angels Wrath part 2 - awesome - not saying who it is between

great one this one

love the Dark Brown robes with the DA power armour - very nice - has a great look and feel to it

And also added

Ultra Marines vs Necrons - very good as well

And Ultra Marines vs Nurgle Chaos Marines - cheesy but good

I've seen these vids before, they're REALLY cool. This guy, RobFry is a great animator, I thought this stuff was almost on a par with the UM's movie. Given that I'd guess he has a fraction of the time and money that they had to produce it, it's a real feather in his cap.

Balian.

While I give him props for the hard work and the time he must have put into those videos... I really don't like them. I could enumerate the reasons, but I'll mention only one instead: Super-Backflipping-Ninja-Samurai Tau Firewarrior. Who is really good in hand to hand combat.

Nuff said.

Hey, come on now. Just because he used the tau-equivalent of rosary beads to kill multiple marines is no reason these clips should put you off.

It's the inaudible speech of the marines, cliché music, slow as sin fight sequences, and wacky plots that should be a deterrent. I can't give any criticism on the 3d models themselves though as they were quite beautiful.

Wow, ok, so the Tau part was bollocks, but that's a lot of hate for these "amateur" vids that at least try to bring the 40k universe to light. So they're not perfect, I still rate them and having watched the UM's movie with a far larger budget, time and people to work on, I was fairly put out by that. The guy has clearly done this as a side project and unless others here are far superior and have created their own videos for comparison...?

Balian

It's an odd juxtaposition between the very western concept of baroque Space Marines, and the very eastern anime style of the Tau. The two sides really don't look like they belong in the same video together. The two styles are very strange together.

But even if it's not "appropriate," it's still quite interesting to see.

Yes I didn't like FireWarrior either, but hey whatever, he's properly not played long idk. But ya compared to the UM movie its not that bad, ya his earily is not greatest but hey if we give him good criticism or just be like hey bud i like this but you should change this too this cause it depicts the marine or tau much better.

Yes, not CGI but what he did I give prop's and hope to see them get better in future.

Hey, absolutely, I'm not saying don't criticise, as clearly that Tau decking the DW termy is about as likely as winning the lottery, and yes some of the graphics/audio wasn't 100%, but it's an amateur production. It occured to me that some of the comments were a little more snide than constructive, which, given that no one else here seemed to have anything of note to compare struck me as, well, cowardly. Either put up better, or, state for example "I work in a similar field and he could use X package to do Y better" or some such thing. That's providing the viewpoint that you think he could do better by doing X.

It's easy to rip the piss out of something else or someone elses work, when 9 times out of 10, we'd likely do no better if not worse. If someone had posted a god awful painted model on here, as happens, would people be so quick to say "Ha, that's such a cliched use of colour/poor paint job/you suck"? I'd like to hope not.

As for the vids again, I liked the way they depicted the Dark Angels, to me they ARE the 40k universe, dark, gothic, baroque, menacing and are the true epitome of what I think Space Marines should be. It highlights the bad-assery of the Dark Angels, or at least, I think it does (minus the admittedly unlikely Tau CC ability).

Balian.

A good old Dark Angel video. The intro to the old 1993 Space Hulk video game. If you're a moron and don't like the awesome intro music, skip to the Deathwing action at 1:05. :P

Man I loved that game!

Lol! That WAS a class game, I loved it too! I used to have a real crappy mouse that meant I couldn't click the damn button fast enough when I was being charged by a stealer and my SB rounds used to not fire because of it. Happy days, that was a blast from the past mate. ;) :)

It was the scariest game I ever played, too, because of how merciless the save system was. You take your cherished, three-feather squad into battle, there's a very good chance you'll lose it forever, and no save/load shenanigans could prevent it from happening.

Good stuff... In the defense of the Ninja Firewarrior, they are supposed to be some sort of "elite" squad, so there is that (and with my rolling, a Firewarrior probably could do that to my terminators).

But I agree it is a bit much, perhaps a different unit would have been more fitting. Like XV15 stealth armor or something in a suite akin to what Commander Shadowsun wears (but not of an HQ status) - that is a big part of the Tau, armor suits.

Just something more likely to get the jump on a Space Marine... and by jump I don't mean a ninja flip either, leave that to the Eldar, Tau should be shooting first - I could see a couple XV15s uncloaking and rattling off some shots, wounding the Terminator, and than maybe finishing him with some sort of energy blade.

Even Pathfinders would make more sense given the mission, though they aren't actually in a better position combat wise, just more likely to operate covertly.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's odd, some of those old time games with their less than perfect graphics seemed to have more... atmos to them? Less imbued with flashy graphics, just cold, hard gaming (and being charged by a pixilated genestealer!) at it's best. Or maybe I'm getting nostalgic, who knows...

EPK, again, agreed. The Tau thing is possible, although one might argue, improbable? Again though, depends on your rolling. Mine sucks royally... :)

Archived