Which first - First Heretic or Prospero Burns

Cyrox

Morning folks,

I've just finished reading A Thousand sons, and I need to know whether i should go straight for Prospero Burns, or give in and read The First Heretic. I really like ADB's work, so that novel is staring me from the shelf, wanting to be read, but i thought i'd ask the advice of those who have read them both

So seeing as I just finished 1k sons, which do i read first:

Prospero Burns or The First Heretic

Cheers :tu:

The First Heretic. A change in pace and style will make you appreciate Prospero Burns more than if you read it straight after A Thousand Sons, considering major differences in style between A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns. In fact, I would liken Prospero Burns to Legion in style and form more than to A Thousand Sons. And The First Heretic is a great book in its own right, one of the best in the series so far.

i agree, The First Heretic has been one of my favorite books of the series so far. And reading Prospero Burns straight after A Thousand Sons might be too much (kind of like watching 2 Lord of the Rings movies back to back, although I appreciate some people enjoy doing that sort of thing! :cuss )

Archived