2011 Librarium Painting Challenge

Seahawk

The 2011 Librarium Painting Challenge

It's the start of a new year and we all know that means it's time for the annual Librarium Painting Challenge (also known as the 'LPC'). Functioning as a chance for board members to make a New Year's Resolution to get some models painted by the end of March, the Librarium Painting Challenge offers both positive and negative motivation. The positive motivation is the promise of a newly minted Vow Complete signature, not to mention the glory and camaraderie of participating, while the negative motivation is the infamous Vow Failed signature and the requirement that you do an article for the Librarium (which is quite simple, really not much of a punishment;) ). So for anyone who received some models (board appropriate ones of course...) this Christmas and is yet to make a serious start on them, this is the perfect challenge for you :RTBBB:

For full rules and information on how to enter, please click here. This is also the thread to pledge your vows. Please don't post your vows here, they won't count!

Once again, the Librarium Painting Challenge is also hosting a challenge within a challenge. This is the LPC Subforum Challenge. In this, every subforum is pitted against one another in competition to see who can get the most completed vows. The winning subforum receives the title of LPC Champions (and bragging rights of course :confused:), not to mention a subforum-specific Vow Completed signature. So get on board now and support your subforum! Remember that only completed vows count.. Will anyone be able to unseat the reigning champions, the supremely talented Blood Angels or will the fanged pretty boys (:P) have another year to lord it over the other subforums? You can make a difference!

If you want to view the fun, mayhem and camaraderie invested in the Librarium Painting Challenge, check out the previous year's Challenge. Don't miss out on this once in a year chance! So what are you waiting for? Sign your board name here, grab those dusty paints, open those Christmas boxes of space marines and join in!

Hi all

Have made a start on Marnus Calgar and the Termies, here's the first WIP for the challenge.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/bjkernow/upload251110069.jpg

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/bjkernow/upload251110068.jpg

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/bjkernow/upload251110066.jpg

hope to have them finished by the end of next week

cheers all

• 2 weeks later...

The list of the faithfully courageous brothers in blue that has taken up the Challenge in Guilliman's name is as follows:

Seahawk

ShinyRhino

Ming

Ramell

greatcrusade08

afrodude112

UltraRich

Brother Valerius

Chaplain Hiltraud

.Torch.

dijital_llama

Dwarfkernow

Rogan

This leaves the Ultramarines in sixth position, a mere one vow ahead of the undisciplined rabble that go by the name of Black Templars. It's also 18 vows off the leaders, the Liber Astartes but remember that the subforum challenge is decided by the number of vows completed. So if every scion of Calgar does his duty, you guys are still more than a chance of climbing up the rankings!

Also, a small number of participation prizes have been added as announced here.

gallery_2_4183_144220.jpg

These will be given out in the following way:

• One card to the person with the fanciest/funniest vow (please just leave your name, the subforum you're vowing for and the amount of models clear or in bold if you go for this)
  • One each to three people with the biggest completed vows
  • One each to eight randomly drawn people who have managed to complete their vows
  • One each to the first three people who get a Librarium article in after failing

So why haven't you entered yet? ;)

[*]One each to three people with the biggest completed vows

Can you add to a vow or does it have to be the biggest 'initial' vows?

I will have to think but I'm siding towards making it the biggest initial vows so as to reward those people for their bravery, as it were.

ive made a request to change my LPC vow

I, Greatcrusade08 of the ultramarines subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one ten man scout squad and one 5 man scout squad on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

i have yet to start my LPC but i want to change my vow if thats ok

I, Greatcrusade08 of the ultramarines subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one ten man scout squad, two 5 man scout squads, ten scout bikers, 10 snipers (inc Telion) and two land speeder storms.. all MK2 variety.. on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

It ought to sound profound, Roboute Guilliman said it. :P

"The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

OT, does anyone else find themselves quoting 40k in real life more often than they probably should? I told one of my supervisees the other day "a job worth doing is worth dieing for". She laughed and I pretended I wasn't at least partially serious...

Actually, I was thinking that I might quote 40k more often than I should the other day. At the office when a project that we were working on went downhill I noted "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." When a subordinate asked me to keep an open mind on a proposal I tossed out "An open mind is like a fortress with its unbarred and unguarded." Needless to say his discomfort did not lend itself favorably to the rest of his presentation.

Some are actually less psychotic though. I've reminded myself "Victory is just a prelude to the next battle" to keep from getting lazy, or that "Fear denies Faith" to stay the course.

But yeah, I'm sure a psychiatrist would have something to say about all that...

Alright, I bit the bullet and made the vow, so I think Ultramarines are up to 18 participants?

Last year, I only vowed to complete 1 Tactical Marine. This year, I'm feeling a bit more cavalier: I vow to complete *2* Sternguard :woot:

Last year, I only vowed to complete 1 Tactical Marine. This year, I'm feeling a bit more cavalier: I vow to complete *2* Sternguard :)

You are an inspiration to us all brother Tranc :P

The following brothers have been brave enough to vow since the last list was put up:

chaplainmikey

Cptn. Palladorus

Chaplain Silkor

Thantoes

Tranc

By the efforts of these brothers, the lead over the Black Templars has doubled. Unfortunately, that means it's still only 2 ;) A surge from the Dark Angels has seen them overtake you guys and led by 1. And then after that, Chaos lurks a mere 3 vows. Will this situation be rectified? All it takes is 4 more vows....

GC08 - You crazy man!

I can't wait to see all of your minis!

Good luck to all brother painters :D

Yours in Honour and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

OT: The only thing I started saying at work (and this was after reading Yogi's brilliant army thread) :

"Is that [hat/apron/horn] codex approved?!" I always get looks of :ermm: :D

Archived