How do you Dark Angels paint?

Kingin

Hey all I was wondering, what is your way of painting the Dark Angels green? no not just buy the paint, but the Marines and the high lights and all! I got Dark Angels for base, then snot green for little thick high lights the goblin green for light high lights, should've I gone for a Scorpian Green?

So Tell us how you paint your Marines, also what do you do? Listen to music? read a book?

thanks

Dark Angel Green and snot green highlights.

(ignore the dust)

gallery_11038_549_27847.jpg

So Tell us how you paint your Marines, also what do you do? Listen to music? read a book?
I can't paint when I am reading. :P

But I do listen to music and most importantly, I paint with friends. There's nothing like having instant C&C flying back and forth across the table and 40K quotes spoken out loud every now and then.

And most importantly, it helps to prevent hobby burnout.

The first (and only) squad I painted was spray paint black (enamel not primer; enamel gives I smoother finish to me) dry brush DA green then dry brush Snot Green. They turned out ok but I'm going to try something different next time.

As for what I do while painting...I'm on a quest to find the worst movie on netflix instant watch. Also anything with Nick Cage, Ron Pearlman, Aliens, Ninjas, or Zombies is watched without reading the synopsis first (cause honestly I wouldn't watch them if I did). Watching bad movies is great in my opinion because it gives your eyes something to stare at that's not six inches from your face without the risk of a good or funny line causing you to make a mistake.

I undercoat with Chaos Black. Paint Armour DA Green. Then do large highlights with 50/50 DA green and Snot Green. I may add some thin snot green highlights.

I've only done this with one squad so far and I think I like it, its easy and I am more of a get it painted quick and decent kinda guy I suppose.

I usually have whatever the wife wants to watch in the back ground. I do miss having other people to paint with. I moved across the country after college so its been a slow transition back into the hobby.

I suck at painting. My problem so far is my paint is too thick. I don't do high lights yet since I don't know how.

But my technique is spray paint Chaos Black. Then I use Dark Angels Green paint. Then I use black ink

watered down, to give it a blackish look, but also green if the ligh hits it the right way.

Other minis to give it a different look just a bit, same spray paint Chaos Black, then I paint it Chaos Black

and then use Dark Angels Green ink over the black. Still looks black but also green as well, depending on

the angle.

base coat: spray black

main coat: dry brush dark angels green

highlights: really light dry brush on raised edges of scorpion green

(thin paints with dettol multi-surface cleanser instead of water[chemical make-up helps the paints stick really well])

gives you a really dark and gothic looking army

Archived