Land Raider Prometheus

GAZ_AV_NZ

I very rarely see discussion regarding this Land Raider variant.

I would have thought more people would have used it with Death Wing.

In most tournaments in New Zealand we can use Imperial Armour units generally as long as the list is reasonable and in local club games no worries.

I'm looking at having a Prometheus with a DeathWing Army or my standard army DA.

Given it has 12 S5 HB shots at 36' range plus storm bolters and a melta add on Id say its quite effective points wise at laying waste to infantry and or skimmer with armour 10 or if lucky 11.

Any one has any luck with these?

And it is the DA chapter who is credited with it's creation.

By someone at GW who made it up because he wanted a vindicator on a land raider, with a terrible bit of fluff to back it up. If this holds up in the next codex, I won't be surprised when the Khan rolls out his bike complete with a titan's vortex apocalyptic missile.

By someone at GW who made it up because he wanted a vindicator on a land raider, with a terrible bit of fluff to back it up. If this holds up in the next codex, I won't be surprised when the Khan rolls out his bike complete with a titan's vortex apocalyptic missile.

Well project Unforgiven we can propose what ever we wish and generate our own fluff for support. There is already enough GS background to support chapters getting a unique vehicles weapons load. When the time comes for Vehicle development for the project I hope that everyone proposes a preferred load-out. We could then vote on the most preferred choice.

Personally, I think that DW suffer from having too few shots so more dice (ala multiple heavy bolter's) would be preferable to bigger shots (ala Vindy Template)

Well I was not aware of all that, I assumed Forgeworld came up with it actually, but honestly the scant bit of reasoning I've found seems practical enough at least, a Land Raider does after all have better armor than a Vindicator... though I suppose the the alternative, that actually seems easier, would have just been to make Vindicators with stronger armor, not soup of a LR so it can't even carry units anymore. lol.

(EDIT: fixing "yeast" to "least"... I'm a homebrewer, guess I have yeast on the mind, lol)

The Ares was the child of Brother Bish, a long time active member of the DA community here (and who probably still lurks), and a great friend to the DA when he was at GW – so let's not be too spiteful towards him please.

As to the Promethius – I've long fancied one with the DW.

Cheers

I

I thought I made a post to this topic, and now I cant find it. HMMM,,,

I have used the Prometheus in Apoc games and find the 2XTLHB's very rewarding. My only complaint is FW removing the one rule it was great for (re-rolling reserves).

Now if it could seat 12 PA, or 6 TDA, and add the Damocles rules to it, then it would be a vehicle worth the DA.

My only complaint is FW removing the one rule it was great for (re-rolling reserves).

Indeed yes but arguably the -1 to cover save is actually much more useful overall. The other rule that went of course meant that now Deathwing can take them as Elite choices as previously it was a transport option for a 'command squad' if memory serves -- and by RAW DW don't have a 'command squad' :wallbash:

Cheers

I

My idea for a DA-specific LR has always been some kind of mobile interrogation chamber that could have some kind of psychic shrouding. Short range weapons along the lines of TL-assault cannons in the sponsons, TL-heavy bolters on the hull. Available either as a transport as long as you have an Interrogator-Chaplain in your force, or, more simply just as a HS option. Other special rules might apply.

My idea for a DA-specific LR has always been some kind of mobile interrogation chamber that could have some kind of psychic shrouding. Short range weapons along the lines of TL-assault cannons in the sponsons, TL-heavy bolters on the hull. Available either as a transport as long as you have an Interrogator-Chaplain in your force, or, more simply just as a HS option. Other special rules might apply.

I really Like that Idea...

I can see, doing something to combine the ideas of the Librarian Dreadnouht from BA, and have that effect replace the POTMS in the Landraider.

Some ideas..

- Only as a Dedicated Transport for an Interogator Chaplain

- Give the Landraider a LD 10, a built in Psychic Hood effect.

- Have Librarian powers for Shielding/cloaking.. a stealth Landraider :)

- Have an Invuln Save vs all Psychic effects targeting/affecting the Landraider.

- Remove the side access points and have 4x Hurricane Bolters, and the turret mounted Assault Cannon.

- 12 transport capacity

Interesting concept to develop.

Chaplain Land Raider

Cost 300 points

Elite Slot

Load out:

x2 Twin Link Assault Cannons on each side sponsons

Twin Link Heavy Bolter on main hull

Transport capacity of 12 Marines or 6 Terminators

-Weapons fire at BS 5

-POTMS fires at BS 4

-When a Chaplain variant Land Raider is on the playing field, all units in that players Army receives the special rule of "Litanies of Hate" on the charge.

* Or any friendly unit within 24 inches of the Chaplain Land Raider receives the special rule of "Litanies of Hate" on the charge.

Archived