Five minute Fists

As the title suggests this tutorial is to help people paint decent yellow marines quickly.

Step 1 - start with an undercoat of white spray, i built this up in light layers almost dusting rather than spraying

so that an almost pastel like coating was acheived.

Step 2 - water down golden yellow with clean water (the clean bit is important in the past i have forgotten

to change the water and the yellow was terrible) you want it to be watered down until it is almost

milky. Apply 2-3 thin layers untill you get a smooth coat.

Step 3 - again using clean water water down gryphonne sepia, two parts wash five parts water. Wash this all

over the model and leave to dry. Using the same mix as before localy wash the model in areas that

you want to shade such as the ankles and back pack.

Step 4 - once dry use a fine detail brush and paint devlan mud in areas you want to add extra

depth, the wash will pool in the recess and fall away from the other areas making it easier to neaten

up later on.

Step 5 - neaten up any areas that are too heavily shaded using golden yellow with a little bit of water.

Step 6 - a final highlight using golden yellow and skull white will top it all off

Step 7 - then it is just a matter of adding your other deatil and blacking out the soft armour

Opptional - i found using purity seal or a satin varnish takes any hard edges off the highlights

and takes any gloss away from the model

I stumbled across this method after experimenting for a few days and several late nights. i hope this help you out, if you have a questions dont hesitate to ask.

i will add a picture of my finished yellow marine as soon as i can fix this camera

Archived