Blood Talons and Multiple-wound t3 models

Malatox

"for every unsaved wound... The dreadnought immediately makes an additional attack"

Hey y'all. This crazy thought just popped into my head; if a dreadnought instant kills a model with his blood talons, does he get an additional attack for each wound the model had?

I can see both arguments and wondered what you guys thought :P. Personally, I would discuss it with my opponent at the start to see what He/She thought, what would you do?

Malatox

generally total wounds count towards the end...ie a 3w character is insta-killed so counts as 3 wounds....so by that logic i would say yes it does...because you are technically causing 3 wounds.

edit: I think i maybe incorrect in my first statement...the multi-wounds only counts at the end when tallying up wounds....not for the unsaved armour...so I am going to lean to no.

the multi-wounds only counts at the end when tallying up wounds....not for the unsaved armour...so I am going to lean to no.

I believe this is correct.

I'd go with Ebsolom. Its 1 W and therefor 1 extra attack. My take on the description in the books is that an ID kill is 1 strike or attack that is strong enough to kill outright an individual who is normally strong enough to take x number of normal strike or attacks. (Hmmm is that long winded enough do we think?)

a 3w character is insta-killed so counts as 3 wounds

That sounds correct, although I would probably still inform your opponent before the game starts.

Wins- 109

Losses- 7

Draws- 8

Slightly off topic, but I think you should put your Death guard list up :)

I think it would all come down to personal opion and player style tbh now :).

As I said I would discuss it with my opponent Before it happened just to make sure we were on the same page.

@.Torch. It's actually a fairly simple list/lists, but with a gaming store like Glasgows (competitive and fun, and numerous players) it's easy to get a lot of practice and games in :D. Plus people underestimating me as a player as well as a wee bitty Irish luck never hurts my chances at games :P

( I play for fun though, so I only keep a record cause it was suggested by someone)

Malatox

Instant Death only counts as causing 1 wound, not 3 because you successfully passed one to wound roll.

However when working out combat resolution, you tally up the total number of wounds lost.

What he said mate.

Say your DC Dread is in base with an enemy IC such as an Eldar Warlock and it fails its save. Squish, dead and now we move on. The fact that the DC Dread won combat by 3 is irrelevant.

Now say that the same DC Dread and Warlock are in base with a unit of Guardians as well. The DC Dead attacks the Warlock and after a failed save, squish. Now does the DC Dread get the extra attack agianst the Guardians? With allocating attacks the DC Dread has two options, the Warlock and the Guardians. Now, the DC Dread can split his attacks between the two and the resulting extra attacks should be used against the unit allocated.

Now, the RAW only states that the DC Dread gets extra attacks in the event of unsaved wounds but I think that it is fair to assume that those bonus attacks should only be used against the unit(s) that generated them. That is only my opinion and the best thing to do is to talk with your opponent about it first or Tourney organizer if playing competitively.

I thought it was widely accepted that when you generate a Bonus Attack, it is just that. A bonus attack.. Free to be designated and used upon any of the models that were in base contact at the start of the combat.

Malatox

I am pretty sure you cannot allocate bonus attacks against a new target unless you are given specific permission to do so.

What would be to stop you charging multiple units and possibly wiping one out then moving onto the next unit in the same phase?

"for every unsaved wound caused with a blood talon in close combat, the dreadnought immediately makes an additional attack. These extra attacks can generate further additional attacks in the same way, until no further unsaved wounds are caused, or all the enemy are slain." pg 60 wargear Blood Angels Codex

I took it that it's a completely NEW attack that's made, so it can be allocated freely.

Also "all the enemy are slain" hints that in multiple combats you can keep generating wounds till every unit you were allowed to attack at the start of your attacks is completely destroyed

Malatox

I'm with Malatox on this one. I've checked up in the BA dex and there is nothing that prevents us from allocating the extra attacks on another unit, provided they were in base contact at the begining of the assault phase. This is the way I've been playing it and no-one has questioned it, yet ;) , so bring on the hordes B)

I'm with Malatox on this one. I've checked up in the BA dex and there is nothing that prevents us from allocating the extra attacks on another unit, provided they were in base contact at the begining of the assault phase. This is the way I've been playing it and no-one has questioned it, yet ;) , so bring on the hordes B)

I Concur

Archived