Land Raider Achilles

background of the LR Achilles varient, it has 2 twin linked mutilmeltas, and a thunderfire cannon as weapons and has a special rule, that make's lance and meltaweapons not get their bonus effects and reduces their roll on the damage table by 1. all this for 300pts

I am planning to use it against my friend blood angels army (because with my upgrades he would need to get 6 6's then 6 more 6's to wreck it with melta weaponry), and he thinks that it is an apocalyse unit, but i think that becaue it is a land raider varient that it can be used in normal games

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LAND...MPLETE-KIT.html for the model

and http://s15.invisionfree.com/Brighton_Warlords/ar/t1553.htm for the link to the data sheet

thanks

it is not entirly an apocalypse unit but it is still an imperial armour model which means you must have the imperial armour volume that contains its rules. you are actualy ment to ask your oponent if you can use it acording to games workshop but they dont realy care most of the time as it has an official data sheet.

so you must possess Imperial Armour volume ten: Badab War part two to use it legaly.

I vote for not being a :cuss and not using it, Sure his codex might be a slight bit newer than yours (assuming SW/Nilla) but seriously these things are a pure ;) move to use Let me guess you plan on having a Techmarine and a unit of naked scouts and plan on driving onto his objective nearly without and ability to really kill it? I personally would not fight against one unless it was Apoc and the Very Least it HAS to be the Correct Model.

Those were the experimental rules- the actual rules are in IA 10, it costs a little more and isnt quite as resilient.

So take a chill pill. Its going to be tough, but vehicles arent THAT hard to take out to begin with.

That is a standard unit. That being said it is NOT a 40k unit, its a Forgeworld unit. You must have the most up to date rules *like anyone else* and your opponents consent *just like playing with any other expansion, like planetstrike etc*.

Archived