If Forgeworld had any sense

Brother Chris

A CCW pack, with chain swords/axes, power swords/axes, lightning claws (pr-heresy finger-claw would be my preference)

and a Combi-weapon pack as we could all use more combi-meltas and plasma and they already have a great combi-flamer

this.

More Pre-Heresy equipment, especially Cataphractii-Pattern Terminator Armour (not a half ass upgrade, full suits). At this point, I could truly live my dream of a pre-heresy World Eater-Wing. I can almost see them now... ;)

I wish theyd bought the rights/molds from armorcast for all their figures. Theres a couple older ones I really want.

Id also like them to fix the Thunderhawk mold.

And some shoulder pad sets for different companies and great companies.

I def agree with the Sang priest in Termie armor, combi weapons, And I absolutely agree with primarchs. Hell I'm thinking of buying the ones from that other company just to put on a display tray for my actual list.

I also think there is room for them to make an actual Librarian dread instead of the furioso. I realize there are bits on the new sprue to make a libby, but FW can make one hell of a detailed cool looking Libby dread. The chaplin and sw dreads are awesome IMO.

As an after thought, I'd consider making the sang priest a kit that can build either a libby or sang priest in tda. I think there is room for a good looking TDA librarian in terminator armor to go riding around in the crusader with the assault termies and tda priest B)

Mostly I would like them to fix their existing molds for BA stuff. The doors I ordered are going to need a lot of cutting and filing to make them fit, and then green stuff to extend other parts of them. The icons I ordered have almost an eigth of an inch semi circle of plastic behind them which is going to make them a pain to get out, and WAY more effort then I want to go thru to get pre made things out. Though I would like a spru much like the new one the Dark Angels just got from GW, its pretty epic for its price.

Also, those molds from the other company that made miniatures for GW are still out there. Every so often you can pick up minis made with them on the cheap from Ebay. I know the Tyranid Bio Titan was one that was up regularly for around 40 bucks or so on there. You just have to keep an eye out.

I'd like a Blood Angels upgrade sprue, you know, just a kit filled with Blood Angel-themed shoulder pads, weapons, decorations and armor.

Don't think that's gonna happen because tere are already lots of those thing in the Sanguinary Guard and Death Company kits.

Moving right along.... What I would like to see...is the extra armour option to be on the site again, as well as some stylized jump packs.

Both would be cool things. Always want cooler looking jump packs!

A CCW pack, with chain swords/axes, power swords/axes, lightning claws (pr-heresy finger-claw would be my preference)

and a Combi-weapon pack as we could all use more combi-meltas and plasma and they already have a great combi-flamer

this.

Yes, PA Lightning Claws (left & right). Plastic TH&SS upgrades would be nice as well. Unfortunately none of my wishes are BA specific.

I second thew Priest Upgrade sprue and TDA Priest model/upgrade.

A Termi-priest is really the only BA-related FW wish I have. Everything else is covered by GW in some way, I think. Forge World's awesome special characters, for example, are for chapters that don't get special characters from GW, and we do. So while I may want a better Mephiston model, that's a GW-wish not a FW one.

I am factoring in the cost of tooling and production...ammaterized(sp?)out over the line. Trust me, resin is the cheapest thing on earth to use. Cheaper then lead/pewter due to molds.

And to get on the topic of plastic....I still dont get why GW doesnt go and get the same bloody details out of injection molding as they do resin...its not hard to do at all. Look at about any and all plastic model kits at your hobby shop, look at the detail in about any tank...it is done using the same methods as GW does for its "highly detailed plastics".

As for almost a million us for the molds...where do you get your information?

I can have an entire mold made and shipped to the UK ( as GW does ) for less then 5k a mold (sans shipping)...and that is with multiple cavities, included...and maybe $1,000.00 or less for the autocad designing.

I am 28, but ive been working in the injection molding/toy-mold industry on the production side for close to 13 years...family business for the win. We made toys for DC Comics, Dark Horse, Medicom, EA, Sony Online...to name a few.

From what I've heard and definately makes sense, GWS went and got the technology for the newer model plastic moulds from NASA, because apparently no one else was even vaguely interested in the kind of quality they needed/wanted.

Also looking at the quality of the newest releases, compared to the older stuff there is a huge gap. Then add in the gap between GWS models and most other brands, and its even bigger again.

To say the quality is the same from someone CLAIMING to be in the industry.... laughable. The older model lines may be closer, but nothing even comes close to the newest stuff.

This is also before even the conceptual design, and the plethora of other stuff that goes into creating a gaming system rather than just a model.

Their prices are a bit over the top, particularly outside the UK, but its similar in many industries.

Archived