What to use instead of the old GW blue ink?

Quantum

Hi all,

After quite a hiatus, I've once again started painting my ultramarines.

For my force, I always used an Ultramarine basecoat, followed by many layers of blue ink. This gave it a very dark tone of blue, yet still appeared very "lively".

Unfortunately, GW have replaced their inks with their washes and Asurmen Blue does not have the same effect. Using other base colours like Regal or Mordian blue does not help either.

So my question is, I there something I can replace this ink with? Some other brand or using glazes of other GW paint? Right now I'm using repeated glazes of very thinned Necron Abyss, which is reasonable, but still does not quite have the effect I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Blue is one of the most common colours you can buy ink in … I would try an art supplies store and ask for blue ink that is waterproof when dry (it may help to explain why you need it, and what for). All you then need to do is try it on a model to see what happens.

What you need to do is finda supplier for Coat D'Arms paints in whatever country you're in. Coat D'Arms were the company who made the old range of paints and inks for GW and then just order their Blue Wash/Ink, some websites even have it labelled as the old GW Blue Wash, for example this one:

http://www.terrainwarehouse.co.uk/productd...;CategoryID=134

Hope this helps,

John.

Archived