Iron Gauntlet 2011

Brother Argent

Can this include GW-created Chapters that have little to nothing written about them?

If so, I'd like to throw my proverbial hat into the ring, and use the competition to polish up my Aurora Chapter's existing history, as well as getting some hobby work for a force I've overlooked lately.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=151673

was why i am just gonna be on the sidelines

why stress in any way when i can do it because i want not because i said i would do a challange

but anyways for thoes intriested i will be digging thro my files here soon and put up a new outline for my chapter for yall to paruse, once i find the old paint pics i did and read the new codex some

Yes, yes I do but I'm not sharing.

Suffice to say that I'll still work on the Starstriders as time and passion permits, but setting myself to targets? That way pain and suffering lies.

Ok, well good luck then, whichever path you choose to take :D

Ludovic

Can this include GW-created Chapters that have little to nothing written about them?

If that's a problem, Argon and I won't be allowed either since the Exemplars are an official chapter, too. What's the final judgment on this?

If that's a problem, Argon and I won't be allowed either since the Exemplars are an official chapter, too. What's the final judgment on this?

I was given the go-ahead to do the Lion Warriors, which are an official chapter with zero official fluff, so I'd assume all such entries are also good to go.

The problem with the Exemplar, is that they already have some established fluff... (such as Chapter Master, Homeworld name, a bit of recent history), but I doubt that it would be a problem as most of the fluff for these chaps is unknown.

Ludovic

The problem with the Exemplar, is that they already have some established fluff... (such as Chapter Master, Homeworld name, a bit of recent history), but I doubt that it would be a problem as most of the fluff for these chaps is unknown.

True, but what is known is close to zero. About the Astartes Praeses there isn't know much either (almost nothing to be exact) so allwe got is a color scheme (open to interpretation), a Homeworld name (and likely location) plus the name of the current and former chapter master - and that's it.

True, but what is known is close to zero. About the Astartes Praeses there isn't know much either (almost nothing to be exact) so allwe got is a color scheme (open to interpretation), a Homeworld name (and likely location) plus the name of the current and former chapter master - and that's it.

That's why I said that there shouldn't be a problem about accepting it in the challenge ^_^

Ludovic

As stated earlier Official but not fully fluffed Chapters will be accepted. So far the Chapters that have been put forward are easy accepted sign ups. As for those whom dont wish to signup due to the 'time constraints' be advised that this is a (mostly) fun challenge designed to encourage thought regarding your DIY chapter. Of course I understand completely in you dont feel like signing up or (Like CJJ) have fallen on your sword already.

As stated earlier Official but not fully fluffed Chapters will be accepted. So far the Chapters that have been put forward are easy accepted sign ups.

H'ray! :pinch:

A buddy of mine has gone from being a 40K skeptic to throwing himself whole-hog into a Renegade Nurgle army that's blossomed into a fairly amazing thing. He's got a project log hereabouts, and has talked about joining up for the Iron Gauntlet. Now that the Boys in Green have been inducted, I imagine he'll follow up soon.

Ho, Ho, Ho, Juarez! Chickening out, are we? In that case:

Ah challenge yuh ta a duwel. *throws down (iron) gauntlet*

<_<

It's more... I don't want my passion for my IA to wane because I'm doing a regimented challenge, also taking up a spot from someone potentially - with more to get out of it.

I'm going alright with the Starstriders.. But at any moment I could lose that drive.

I'm going alright with the Starstriders.. But at any moment I could lose that drive.

I often have the same problem, though that's the entire reason I'm signing up for the Gauntlet. The discipline of keeping to challenges set forth by the leader of the comp may help and even that possibility is enough for me.

Writing is, like a lot of things, less about incredible skill and natural talent (though those definetly help) and more about the discipline of being able to force yourself to sit down and bang something out even if you're not particularly feeling like it at the time. As you keep forcing yourself into the situation and action of writing, your mind adapts and you begin to find it easier and easier to just keep going.

Archived