Iron Gauntlet 2011

Brother Argent

Writing is, like a lot of things, less about incredible skill and natural talent (though those definetly help) and more about the discipline of being able to force yourself to sit down and bang something out even if you're not particularly feeling like it at the time. As you keep forcing yourself into the situation and action of writing, your mind adapts and you begin to find it easier and easier to just keep going.

Great piece of advice there, thanks GHY :P

Ludovic

As stated earlier Official but not fully fluffed Chapters will be accepted. So far the Chapters that have been put forward are easy accepted sign ups.

H'ray! :D

A buddy of mine has gone from being a 40K skeptic to throwing himself whole-hog into a Renegade Nurgle army that's blossomed into a fairly amazing thing. He's got a project log hereabouts, and has talked about joining up for the Iron Gauntlet. Now that the Boys in Green have been inducted, I imagine he'll follow up soon.

Well, well, I get a taunt over chat that the gauntlet is thrown. Well, sir, challenge accepted.

The Host of Worms hereby submits application to join this writing challenge.

I don't have a project log here having only recently signed up, but I do submit my plog at Heresy for consideration of my thoughts behind my "fluff" and to show I'm actually working on it: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77672

As stated earlier Official but not fully fluffed Chapters will be accepted. So far the Chapters that have been put forward are easy accepted sign ups.

H'ray! :D

A buddy of mine has gone from being a 40K skeptic to throwing himself whole-hog into a Renegade Nurgle army that's blossomed into a fairly amazing thing. He's got a project log hereabouts, and has talked about joining up for the Iron Gauntlet. Now that the Boys in Green have been inducted, I imagine he'll follow up soon.

Well, well, I get a taunt over chat that the gauntlet is thrown. Well, sir, challenge accepted.

I don't have a project log here having only recently signed up, but I do submit my plog at Heresy for consideration of my thoughts behind my "fluff" and to show I'm actually working on it: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77672

I'd take taunts over being beaten over the head by cogent arguments, eh Lex? ;)

Welcome though, also, prepare to die! ;)

I'd take taunts over being beaten over the head by cogent arguments, eh Lex? :D

I dunno - notsoevil's a good deal bigger than me, and dude's well-versed in the logistics of Throwing Down. The taunts might not have been my best idea. ;)

Well well, we have another traitor to burn. ;)

Welcome to B&C and the Liber, we will kill you many, many times over. Just to let you know.

To be clear too, it's not purely writing if you want to achieve all of the challenges set forth by the venerable Silver Phoenix, there will be some other bits and pieces here and there if last year is anything to go by.

Ludovic

:)

Hm. I signed up for last year's and failed utterly. I'd be willing to give it another shot, seeing as I'm not in college anymore so I have lots more free time. Also I'm just coming back to 40k after a prolonged absence so this could jumpstart my projects-to-do. Should I, though? Do I dare?

Everybody failed last year. I think a whopping three people actually submitted an IA.

I don't know whether to be sad or re-encouraged.

I find that, when in doubt, stick with pessimisim. If you fail, it's par for the course; if you succeed, everyone's pleasantly surprised.

Everybody failed last year. I think a whopping three people actually submitted an IA.

Strike Captain Lysimachus actually did finish, Octavulg.

Oh ho, I've been called out!

Well in that case I, Plague Angel of California, vow by the blood of Sanguinius and the bile of Grandfather Nurgle to complete my loyalist chapter, the Host Incarnadine, and bring them up to par as I should have done long ago.

Good :D

Ludovic

No, Lysimachus didn't. The Iron Gods were already done beforehand, IIRC.

Though, actually, KHK may have finished. I can't remember.

Regardless, only three people submitted in the time around the deadline.

EDIT: Ah. KHK and Lysimachus technically finished it. However, they were already basically done when they started - as evidenced by the fact that they both finished in January.

No, Lysimachus didn't. The Iron Gods were already done beforehand, IIRC.

He was actually telling us somewhere in this very thread that he did complete the Challenge. But anyway, enough banter and off to work on my IT *whip snaps* (a link of which you can find on my signature :P)

Ludovic

You missed my edit. He and KHK finished it, but were basically done when they started. Everyone else failed.

Oh, sorry. But I also meant that SCL finished the whole Challenge, not just the IA part.

Ludovic

Well, I'm pretty sure I was one of those three last year. :P

Not that it worked out entirely to plan.

I plan to be one of those three again this year do better this time, though. :)

I don't think you did. IIRC, you missed the deadline in the end - decided to retool. I was very disappointed in you. :P

EDIT: Note. Disappointed you didn't finish. Pleased you decided on the pursuit of perfection over immediate gratification, though.

As am I. In regards to finishing the challenges, by my records (as limited as they are) only SCL completed all the challenges, and at Gold for all bar one, I believe. He, however, was offered an altered First Challenge that required him to comment doubley as much as he had already submitted his IT to the Librarium.

Oh and GHY, that is some brilliant advice there (about writing). I'm actually tempted to siggy that to remind myself of such a sensible statement each time I post some inane comment here on the B&C.

I don't think you did. IIRC, you missed the deadline in the end - decided to retool. I was very disappointed in you. :P

But I did submit the IA to the Librarium before the deadline, even if it wasn't, with hindsight, anything like ready. :P

Well Sign up slots are now full, unless I get some more Traitors to even the number. Despite the fact that Plague Angel was 21st (22nd if you count Mr Indecisive Juarez :P ) signup for loyalist I decided to let him join as I hand't updated the first post to indicate as such.

Note that all Signups are required to submit to me (in this thread) a link to their IA before the end of January or risk failing the challenges before they even start.

Also note that before the month ends people are required to post an update on their progress as stipulated in the Challenge OP. These monthly updates should be entilted "Such in suches January Update" or whatever month is is. These updates should be posted in this thread to help me keep track of them.

Thats all for now,

Archived