Iron Gauntlet 2011

Brother Argent

Hounds of the Hunt January Update: Currently working on a complete edit. No real changes to the core concepts. Streamlining the flow and clarifying some issues. I am adopting the less is more approach. Most notably I am indicating that the Hounds do not fear technology, they distrust it and expect it to fail. Hope to have the edited post up by the weekend.

Madwolf

Well. Real Life has just dropped a few bombshells on me, I'm afraid. :P

I doubt I'll get anything much done until after Monday now.

When I get chance (next week), I'll tear through everything on the first few pages, and in an ideal world, have something sensible and constructive to say on each topic. ;)

EDIT:

EDIT: And also, that not having a link to your IA in your sig is a very silly choice.

As silly as say listing an IA in your sig and then not linking it? :P

Well, that's a constant reminder to me to get one of the other four finished.

Then I can work on the SD and TT. :P

"I'm a genius and GW should hire me to make this canon"?

Got it in one! :)

And then either time passes and you realise that job application was a horrible mistake, ;), or someone comes along and tears it apart :P

Oh the pain, the pain :(

You may have a point Juan. You may have a point. I'll keep thinking about it.

I always have a point, whether it's relevant and/or logical is another matter.

Try a basic scheme to begin with - pick two colours for the armour plating and a third for soft armour and see how you go.. 'cause right now that scheme is a bit of a jumble.

Obviously this is only my opinion, you are free to ignore it but if you do I may feed you to a hungry Catachan Devil.

Whew, been writing all day and only got the Origins section done to any satisfaction. This is harder than I remember!

I got a color scheme for my Sanguinary Priests though, finally:

If I was you and I wanted a split scheme on the helmet, I'd consider looking at the White Panthers paint scheme.

Are all of the reds meant to be the same colour?

You may have a point Juan. You may have a point. I'll keep thinking about it.

May? May?? Great heavens!

Note to self: never experiment with Marine schemes while drinking. Again.

EDIT: Worked on it a bit and toned it down some. Still not satisfied with it, but eh. Here it is with a Tactical for comparison. I never knew Apothecaries were so tricky!

sm.php?b62c=@hPv4M_hJ9Lc.haLvy.hXbsb..@@@i8TzJ@hXbsb@@.hk8Yt@@@_...@...hk8YthXbsbhk8Yt@_____@@@@@hIAEGhk8Yt_________.hXbsb...iakk7&grid=TRUEsm.php?b62c=@iaj2F_hPv4M.iakk7.hXbsb..___i8TzJ_hXbsb__i8TzJi8TzJ@.@@@@@@_@@i8khi.i8khi_@@@@@_____hIAEGhk8Yt@@@@@@.@@.hXbsb..i8khi.&grid=TRUE

I actually quite like the first one. Though the red shoulder pad on the left (his right) that is lighter than the body colour is a little strange and doesn't fit. Maybe to take the emphasis off the different reds have black shoulders too? I don't know, I'm not the best colour critic, Ace or Heru would be the ones to whine/cry/grovel to. :D

I actually quite like the first one. Though the red shoulder pad on the left (his right) that is lighter than the body colour is a little strange and doesn't fit. Maybe to take the emphasis off the different reds have black shoulders too? I don't know, I'm not the best colour critic, Ace or Heru would be the ones to whine/cry/grovel to. :woot:

You mean on the Tactical? I use the pauldron instead of helm to show squad assignment (Red=Tactical for BA). See, here's an Assault.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/Animus_Seed/warhammer/hostincarnadineassault.jpg

Well the tactical colours are all fine and dandy, so long as they are clear and easily distinguishable, which the former wasn't. It would be easier to have a dark base colour and use coloured strips or markings instead. Or just not copy the BA tactical markings altogether.

And I thought helmet colour was the order of the day with BA?

I always thought tacticals had red helms because they were essentially 'regular' marines, secondly that they had no tactical niche to fall within unlike the Fast Attack and Heavy Support divisions.

Helm color is used for the Blood Angels themselves, yes. But I think it looks kind of goofy so I use the pauldrons for my successors instead.

And that's enough on my color scheme for now I think — I'll have the IA posted soon and I've hijacked this thread enough. Though I appreciate the input!

Archived