Sanguinary Guard

Grizzly Adams

Thing is with your bolters is that bolters are generally spread throughout the Blood Angel army anyway, so do you really need 2 more bolters in place of pistols? Often Sanguard will need to hit extremely hard first turn in order to minimize wounds, would the strength 8 ap1 hit not be worth it? Thats what you got to ask yourself.

Of course, I would always want to max out my special load out to ensure that my guys and break into an armoured box fairly reliably by itself. It is also good for softening up, better to be able to break into the box and perhaps get support from nearby assualt marines to put some bolts on them, then to have the assualt marine tangled and the Sanguard have it's targets restricted. After all, even when not in half range, a melta shot can be dangerous if placed right. Against armour 10 it's still a great chance of doing something about it.

Of course, Sanguard, Vanguard and Honour guard all share different roles. Honour Guard is better at bringing the Melta with a built in bubble, Vanguard are great for dropping in and tangling them up, tearing through with claws and sheild and Sanguard are great for charging in and handling all sorts of targets while having a brillent resistance to none armour ignoring wounds.

Archived