Blood angel HH named.

ANCIENT FALOR

If that's the case I am very much looking forward to this book! I've long wanted to know more about the war on Signus Prime and the Blood Angels' first taste of the Daemonic. According to the Index Astartes Article IIRC, the anguish experienced by Sanguinus as 500+ of his brothers were slain while he lay helpless may have been part of the cause of the Black Rage. It will be very interesting to find out what the story on this is!

I am definitely looking forward to this one. Unlike most, I had little issue with Mr. Swallow's Blood Angels novels (and loved the description of the Flesh Tearers in the latter two novels, in particular), and have enjoyed his other Heresy works, so this one should be good. Now if it only came sooner...

I definately agree. The anticipation is killing me and it's so far but it's coming. What most interests everyone about the whole conflict? What do u look forward in seeing? I really want to see sanguinius in action. Also will the they use their pyschic powers against the daemons or will they obey Nikea ruling? It's has the potential to be the best out of the series.

One thing that interests me is how did BA and Sanguinius in particular react to the fact of Horus' betrayal. BA were sent to Signus Prime by Horus, and there they discover they have been 'sold' to daemons. Judging by 'Horus Rising' Sanguinius was good friend of Horus, by whom he was betrayed. Was Sanguinus' reaction similar to that of Ferrus, or did he consider the chance to become Warmaster himself like Lion?

What was the BA marines' reaction to their first open encounter with chaos daemons? Fright, shock, Black Rage?

And of course, I think, most of us want to know if the gene-flaw was 'rooted' during this conflict, or it appeared later.

Anyway, whether these moments will be described in the novel or not, I want to read the first HH novel dedicated to Blood Angels. This fact alone is awesome :)

I think Sanguinius will be hurt very much by his betrayal by Horus, he'll be feeling mighty pissed but the one emotion that will fill him the most will be sadness. Horus and Sanguinius are the closest of the brothers and share a deep and strong friendship, imagine what that would do to any one to have that spat upon; I think this is a reason for the black rage, Sanguinius tries to be perfect and stores his emotions away and now it will all come out in one massive volcano. I look forwards to the novel to read about Sanguinius ripping daemon scum limb from limb and also his reaction to said betrayal. Personally he is the most powerful of all the Primarchs and only one of two to have beaten Horus in a duel so he may see himself as the one to stop his brother or talk sense in to him. Who knows.

I believe Sanguinius felt pain and saddness. As anyone one would if a brother close to heart sent you and your sons to die. I believe he felt rage and hate also. As thousands of sanguinius sons died cleansing the entire signus cluster. I'm sure they were bewildered by the daemon assault and challenge. yet were undaunted and meet the daemons head on. Going balls out as they say. I believe after signus a reckoning was being sought by the blood angels and they found it on Terra. Where sanguinius might have been looking for redemption for Horus. Failing that, sanguinius blade in Horus for being a traitor.

I'd like to see a bit of pre heresy action along side other legions.how did sanguinius react to nikea? Him

being a psyker. I'd like to find out about the " red angel". Who was he? Reading the HH books. It seems he really laments the loss of any of his sons.more than other primarchs. Like know who sanguinius really is. Not just the myth.

Yay! :P... It isn't even funny how much I've been waiting for this!

I'd love to see a bit of the darker side of the Blood Angels though. Yes they are good guys and they are steeped in stories of how perfect they are... But surely it'd be interesting to see a the brooding character which accompanies all this?

Malatox

I think Sanguinius will be hurt very much by his betrayal by Horus, he'll be feeling mighty pissed but the one emotion that will fill him the most will be sadness. Horus and Sanguinius are the closest of the brothers and share a deep and strong friendship, imagine what that would do to any one to have that spat upon; I think this is a reason for the black rage, Sanguinius tries to be perfect and stores his emotions away and now it will all come out in one massive volcano. I look forwards to the novel to read about Sanguinius ripping daemon scum limb from limb and also his reaction to said betrayal. Personally he is the most powerful of all the Primarchs and only one of two to have beaten Horus in a duel so he may see himself as the one to stop his brother or talk sense in to him. Who knows.

Whilst I agree with you here, severeal times I have seen a number of posts with claims of Primarchs to have beaten Horus is a deal.

Where is the evidence of who has beaten him a duel because I would be keen on reading such a novel.

I Am sure there is a reference to sanguinius in one of the first three books stating that he was a rival to horus with the blade

Yeah I'm sure there is but people get such wide, sweeping assumptions on that meaning beating Horus.

I Am sure there is a reference to sanguinius in one of the first three books stating that he was a rival to horus with the blade

One of about a half dozen potential rivals to Horus in personal combat prowess. How many actually had the stones to step into a cage with Horus to try and prove it is still up for speculation.

One of about a half dozen potential rivals to Horus in personal combat prowess. How many actually had the stones to step into a cage with Horus to try and prove it is still up for speculation.

Sanguinius had the stones to fight Horus even after he gained Warp power.

On an even, Primarch vs Primarch match up it would have been one hell of a scrap!

I agree with several of the comments here. Sanguinius & Horus were the closest of brothers & this betrayal combined with the loss of so many sons on signus definately had the potential to spark off the emotions which culminated in the Black rage upon the Angels death.

The extremely strong Blood bond of Primarch & Astartes did the rest.

I'm looking forward to this one, Swallows chance to paint the BAs in a beter light & get away from the 'trusting fools' who appear in his 40k novels.

If it is on par with FotE, I for one will be a very happy man.

Personally, as a Blood Angels fan/player for something going on 14 years I'm hoping to see two things from the Signus Prime novel. The first being the relationship between Sanguinius and his Blood Angels. How they view him, serve him and generally behave as a legion. The other thing I'm hoping to see is a glimpse of the arrival of the Emperor on Baal and also how Sanguinius and the Blood Angels were viewed by both the Emperor himself and by the other Primarchs and Legions. It's been mentioned in several sources, most notably the BA 5th Ed Codex, that Sanguinius was loved and respected by practically all of his brothers so exploring that would be nice.

As a small aside, I would not like to see a full explanation and consequences of the Black Rage. How it came about certainly but the after effects I feel would be better demonstrated during whichever book(s) that deal with the Siege of Terra

I personally think the Black Rage is really a latent geneseed flaw that needed an explanation once discovered by the nascent Inquisition ("It's all the dead guy's fault, honest!"). I find the idea that the death of a psyker, even a powerful one, can taint thousands of living battle brothers across light years of space, and all of the legion's stored geneseed to boot, to be absurd.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing that interests me is how did BA and Sanguinius in particular react to the fact of Horus' betrayal. BA were sent to Signus Prime by Horus, and there they discover they have been 'sold' to daemons. Judging by 'Horus Rising' Sanguinius was good friend of Horus, by whom he was betrayed. Was Sanguinus' reaction similar to that of Ferrus, or did he consider the chance to become Warmaster himself like Lion?

What was the BA marines' reaction to their first open encounter with chaos daemons? Fright, shock, Black Rage?

And of course, I think, most of us want to know if the gene-flaw was 'rooted' during this conflict, or it appeared later.

Anyway, whether these moments will be described in the novel or not, I want to read the first HH novel dedicated to Blood Angels. This fact alone is awesome :lol:

Like the Ultras, Angels and Fists Horus feared him.

He ranted in one of the first 3 books of how he wanted the support of Gulliman and Dorn of whom he looked up to and had respect for (alluded) he also mentioned that of all his brothers that Sanguinius was closest to his fathers vision and being. Thats why they were dealt with in the manner they were sent to be ambushed or becalmed in the warp.

Plus after the alleged horrendous casualties at Signus, the battle to get to terra and the defence of the palace the angles still spawned a lot of successors relatively speaking

Sneaky

Archived