Chaps conversion help

WarMasterShaddie

On a serious note, im trying to make a plastic chaplin and i have the majority of the parts but the problem is the HEAD, there is no cool skull helm... so i was thinking of using the skulls from the tomb kings basic foot soliders kit, my problem is i dont want to waste 35 bucks on a kit that the skulls don't fit the body size wise i.e that there to small or to big. :lol: :verymad: :verymad:

If you guy could give me some help it would not go unseen by the eyes of Sanguinius B)

How about Khorne Berzerkerzzz heads? :verymad: I've seen a lot of cool conversions with Zerkers heads. If you want to go with cool skull-helmet you probably will have to buy useless kit :lol:

And have you considered Chappy without helmet? My first army was lead by bare-headed chappy (metal GW model), and he looked pretty scary.

My Helmetless Lemartes Model features a handle bar stache and a Mohawk.

Theres alot of possibility for the old mark helms as well. For example if you dont use the Mark IV in the Death Company kits. Alternatively you could look into making a Custom helmet I recenelty filled a Corvus (Beakie) helm down to be a more petite and snub nosed beak helmet. Theres also possibilities for say a Crusader helm or to go with the more traditional thin mohawk band across the top like the older metal models. Look into the vehicle transmitter heads as well since a Chaplain could very well have additional transmitting tech to help spread their prayers across the battle Field.

I disagree about the berserker skull helmet. In my opinion it is way to big unless you are going to true scale it. I also think it looks like someone pulled a skull mask over a marine helmet. There is a good chaos skull helmet that is more in scale and you can find it all over ebay for about $2.00. I had this same problem last year when I was doing a truescale Lemartes. I ended up using a marine helmet, cutting the mouth off and then sculpting the skull head myself. The head wasn't exactly a prefect skull but it did the trick. If nothing else, painting a skull on the marine helm actually looks pretty darn cool. If I ever get around to buying some new DC models that is how they are going to be done. Hope that helps and good luck with your chaplain.

Obey the Emperor.

Archived