My WIP Space marine story

xscottfergox

Just a little teaser for my WIP story I am writing alongside my WIP space marine chapter

I know it's not much and leaves a lot to be desired. But i like c&c.

What doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch afterall

+++

As the lone soldier picked his way through the quiet gloom of the administrate building he thought to himself. He thought quiet calm thoughts, injected with a vein of pure malice and violence. He refused to give in and die. Fighting is what he did and fighting is what he would do bringing the fight to the warriors of the false emperor. They were fools, following heretics under a shapeless tyrannical rule. He had never felt so helpless and lost before now. His squad destroyed and his regiment in tatters, he was the lone haunt of their post.

Looming shadows cast by failing lights racked his nerves to breaking point. His boot sent a stone skimming across the broken tiles down the hall. It struck an old floor to ceiling glass display class and rung pure and loud like an alarm. As the ringing stopped everything went silent, more silent than he had known for weeks. His body racked with adrenaline has focussed his mind on one task, keeping hidden. Now he had failed so abruptly his body only thought of one thing, running.

Terror seized the soldier. He whimpered slightly begging silently to the gods that the warriors stalking him had not heard the sound. Blood dropped down his brow from the glancing shot he had taken early. At the time he had praised the powers above that it had only glanced and not hit his head squarely. In hindsight the soldier wished it had killed him and saved him from this terror. He was going to die. He knew it. He just didn’t know when or how. That was something that only the gods decide.

‘Oh power above. Please save me from the demons of the false emperor and deliver me into your arms as a humble servant.’

The prayer was his last resort. There was nothing else to do. It was also his last words.

‘There is only one emperor of mankind and his angels have come to strike you down heretic,’

The blade of a huge power weapon cleft the warriors head in two and kept slicing till the blade stuck fast in the breastbone.

‘And you are cast out from the end of days. Never to see his glorious emperors light again, for that is the path you have chosen heretic general Rothen.’

Archived