Mercury's Lamenters

mercury

Wolf Priest Haelaeif is correct. My Lamenters army is being created for a Badab War campaign, based around the most recent Imperial Armour book. Though these are not strictly canon as such, IA9 contains substantially more background for the Lamenters than any previous publication.

IA9 acknowledges that the Lamenters were in part a genetic experiment to eliminate the flaw, and that the experiment was initially a success. However, "there has since then, been been a continued and observable increase in both the strange tendency for the macabre and melancholia that pervades the Chapter's psyche, and the Red Thirst which has again awakened in their ranks..."

Page 107 also features an 'unknown' Battle Brother who is quite clearly from the Lamenters Death Company (black armour with red crosses and Lamenters symbol on shoulder pad), upon whom I have based the colour scheme for my own Death Company.

Also, thanks for the complements, guys. I am particularly proud of these models and I'm glad that you like them too.

What can I say?! I have army ADD, but only own one Codex! :lol:

In truth, the Blood Angels I painted last year were largely sold off to help fund the purchase of a new house - anyone who has ever had solicitor's bills will know that just when you think you've budgeted for everything, they hit you with something you hadn't even thought of! The Flesh Tearer project has been put on hold indefinitely, as I was talked into painting Lamenters for this Badab War campaign instead!

Update: 15/02/2011

Death Company Dreadnought added. Enjoy!

I'm going to take a little time off from the Lamenters to paint my Mephiston model in Blood Angels colours.

I should though (hopefully!) have a fully painted Storm Raven conversion ready to share with you by the end of next week.

Everything looks great! Seems the Badab War is really seeing a resurgance what with the IA9 and 10 out...good news for everyone looking for a different from the norm chapter to collect. Especially when folks like you are painting those armies to such a high quality level!

well done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I understand correctly, your yellow is Iyanden Darksun and Bleached Bone? Do you use any inks/washes? Also, do you edge highlight with pure Bleached Bone or do you do a edge highlight with the ID:BB mix?

Secondly, congrats on finishing the LPC, great work :)

Ludovic

My basecoat is indeed an Iyanden Darksun:Bleached Bone mix. I the do some blackline shading using a Chaos Black:Regal Blue mix. Highlights are done by adding progressively more Bleached Bone to the basecoat mix. The final edge highlight is Bone with just a tiny amount of Darksun.

Archived