Severin loth/ red scorpions honor guard questions

husi2100

how difficult would it be to remove all the scorpions from the kit?

i consider buying it for a honor guard, and as far as i can see there isnt much iconography on them

am i wrong?

please help!

- husi

I am a proud owner of Sevrin and his boyz.

Sevrin himself has an ickle scorpion on his left shoulder pad, which is easily scraped off and/or covered by something else (in my case, I slapped a small dangly Crux Terminatus on there). He makes for an excellent chapter-neutral librarian in PA or AA. Sevrin's honor guard consists of four chests, one of which is significantly scorpiony, but other three are completely neutral. Same story with the helmets, you get one that has claws on it and the other three are neutral or easily cleaned up.

You also get a plastic Command Squad sprue, including an Apothecary upgrade, some legs, a melta, a plasma rifle and a flamer, which is all extra-nice.

The banner is of course a total loss, unless you want to painstakingly file off all the scorpion detail from it.

Finally, Sevrin is somewhat convertable - I replaced his silly little "woodcutting axe" with a power sword, but that's the extent of it. His head is one-piece with the torso, and his arms are noticeably thinner than plastic PA arms, making swapping all but impossible.

It has full frame as far as I can tell.

I've used it for my Crimson Fists. I managed to be able to use all but one helmet and two shoulder pads.

For the banner I used a small forgeworld Fist icon to cover up the scorpion on the headstock and gently filed the big scorpion before putting a brass Crux Terminatus on it. I use the banner as the 1st Company Banner so it fits with the fluff.

The bodies and helmets are easily filed away. I didn't use the one with the scorpion claws and tail on it though - it looked a bit daft once I'd cut and filed. Get a FW brass icon set. It doesn't really matter which chapter you get, there is plenty of icons that can be used on any chapter and the smaller round ones are fit for purpose in covering up the small chapter icons.

My only problem is that brass sticks instantly to superglue so one of my '1' icons looks more like '/'....

Archived