2k renegade logan wing vs imperial guard

nurglez

hello there, and welcome to a battle report!

I played my friend's imperial guard army yesterday, annihilation pitched battle

my list

Logan

wolf lord thunder wolf mount, storm shield, frost weapon, runic armour, WTN, WTT, MB

3 terminators, 1 combi plasma wolf claw, 2 combi plasma in drop pod

4 terminators, cyclone, Arjac, 2 combi melta 2 wolf claw, wolf claw in drop pod

5 terminators, cyclone, storm shield, combi melta powerfist, combi melta wolf claw in drop pod

5 terminators, cyclone, storm shield, combi melta powerfist, combi melta wolf claw,

3 thunder wolves, storm shield, powerfist

3 thunder wolves, storm shield, powerfist

his list (might have a few mistakes) (all have carapace armour)

Straken, command squad, heavy flamer, 2 melta, medic, vox, 2 bodyguard, carapace armour in chimera (heavy bolter multi laser)

commissar powerfist, priest guy with chainfist thing

10 veterans, 2 melta, heavy flamer serg with fist, chimera (ditto)

10 veterans, 2 melta, heavy flamer serg with fist, chimera (ditto)

10 veterans, 2 melta, heavy flamer serg with fist in a vendetta (the 3 twin lascannon one with 2 heavy bolters)

10 veterans, 2 melta, heavy flamer serg with fist in a vendetta (ditto)

leman russ demolisher, lascannon, plasmacannon sponsons

leman russ, 1 heavy bolter

guardsman marbo

terrain was our usual mix of some ruins and necromunder scenery. ruined building in the middle, several ruins around the board that didn't have any effect and two buildings with about 18 inches in-between them that he deployed his whole army in.

I won the roll and let him go first, as usual.

he deployed his chimera behind one building to the right of his deployment zone (to my left) his leman russ next to it but not in cover, command chimera in front of that, his demolisher in the middle and his other chimera to the left (my right) of his demolisher.

I deployed my non drop pod terminator squad in the middle, right opposite his army but behind the central ruin, my twc lord and a squad of twc behind the ruin to the right of them, and my other twc squad to the far left, logan jumped in the plasma death squad (first time I have ever drop podded him!).

I didn't try and steal the initiative, so he went first.

Turn one.

his demolisher moves forward 6 and his pie plate is just out of range (thank the gods of chaos) of my termies, one plasma cannon hits and kills 1, his leman russ shoots his second pie plate and i save the 3 wounds it causes. while his hiding chimera moves round the building to his right, everything else stays still, waiting for me. Arjac's drop pod lands in front of his command chimera and blow it up (taking out the medic and 1 body guard), while my other 5 man drop pod squad drops to the right of his demolisher, and stuns it... great rolling from me there, my terminator squad moves up and fails to shoot anything. my TWC's move closer. 1kp to me.

Turn two.

rather weary of the 10 terminators at point blank range, he decides to shoot as much at it as possible, taking out a few from arjac's squad and putting a wound on arjac, the veteran squad in the chimera near the demolisher jump out and shoot at the other drop pod termies, along with the chimera. none die.

one of his vendetta's come in on my right and shoot at my twc's with the lord, and puts a wound on each... He then charges his command squad into arjac, and kills 2 of my terminators, for the loss of stracken and his command squad, only the commissar and priest are left. My 3rd drop pod comes in so I land it in the crater left by his command chimera (mainly cos it looked like a fun place to aim for :D). choosing tank hunters, 3 rapid fire plasma guns take off the demolisher cannon and 2 plasma cannons, while my twc's on my left run up to help out arjac, while the ones on the right just head closer, ignoring his vendetta. the untouched 5man drop pod termies spread out, and target his veteran squad, killing 3 (damn 4+ save), I multi assault his squad and my powerfist goes after his chimera, blowing it up, while the termies cut down all of the vets. logan pops his +1 attack ability (just because I dont often use it), the twc and arjac kill off his 2 IC's. 5kp to me.

Turn three.

his other vendetta and marbo come in, the vendetta to my left, marbo near my lord's twcs. he has nothing left in his centre, the leman russ moves behind the building and shoots at logan's squad, killing no one. the vendetta on the left puts 1 wound on a twc, and the one on the right fail to inflict any damage. My twc spits off to charge marbo, while the other 3 go after the demolisher, along with arjac, and the untouched 5 man squad, logan and his squad head towards the leman russ while the 3 twc that suffered a wound head towards his vendetta, getting within charging range. my foot slogging squad manage to bring down the left vendetta, while his demolisher goes pop from all the things hitting it, but failed to explode (yes, all those hits and I wep destroyed/immobilised it to death, most boring!). My twc lord kills marbo while the twc on the left charge the vet squad that managed to jump out of the vendetta as it fell from the sky, killing them. Logan and his squad manages to charge the leman russ and make it go boom. 9 kp to me.

Turn four.

his vet's disembark from their chimera and head towards logan, the chimera tank shocks my twc's and they run away, while his vendetta takes out my lord.

The vets manage to kill the 3 termies and put a wound on logan, and thats it. My running twc's auto regroup and head towards his chimera, my footslogging squad take out his vendetta and then he throws in the towel, as he has an empty chimera, a depleted vet squad away from everything, and a squad of 6 vets about to be charged by a pissed off logan, we played out that combat and he put 1 more wound on logan before logan wiped the squad out.

A decisive win for me I do believe. at the end it was 11 or 12 KPs to me and 2KPs to him, while I had lost a total of 1 twc lord, 9-10 termies and logan and arjac on 1 wound each.

I'm trying to convince him to tailor make an army to fight mine, so he can then back track back to making his current army slightly better vs me and other deep striking armies. having 3 drop pods is great, as it lets me dump 10 terminators at point blank range that will generally effect his tanks enough to force him on the defensive, while his command squad is nasty, going up against a few termies with arjac in there is no easy feat for them.

I really like this army, small (17 termies, arjac, logan, 3 drop pods, twc lord and 6 twc) but rather elite, and I'm currently just going for the throat, haven't played anything that can fight back in combat yet (only my second game with this type of list at 2k points), but then I shall have to adapt.

One thing I dont like about this list is that it lacks a rune priest, and I could replace Arjac with a rune priest and a ss termie, but as I;m using khornate forces to represent Arjac, my TWC lord and TWC's, it just doesn't feel right putting a sorcerer in with them.

Archived